Chapter 37

Niko stood there at that door, with a bouquet in his hands. It was daylight now, and early at that, but he knew that Solomon would be awake. With how annoyed he looked about his car, and how worried he seemed about it, there was no way that he wasn't going to be awake at that moment.

Now if only Niko could muster up the courage to knock.

Last night was certainly an eventful one. He enjoyed every bit of it, even when he watched Solomon attempt to fix his car. The man looked so annoyed, it was funny. He felt bad about the situation, though. So, he figured it would be a great idea to give him a ride to his house to figure out his next move from there.

Then Niko had another surprise for him.

That whole night, he had been tossing and turning, just thinking about all that had happened. The one thing that bothered him the most was Maya. She looked like the female version of her brother, as unnerving as that sounded. But her high energy was completely different from Solomon's calm demeanor. Even when Solomon was angry, Niko had never heard him raise his voice in the slightest.

"Raising her has been the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Niko had never understood why people wanted to raise a kid. It just wasn't something that he liked to think about, let alone actually do. It wasn't like he exactly hated them. He just didn't like the idea of raising one.

But then he saw Solomon's face when he had said that. He didn't know why something like that would make someone so happy, but it made him curious when he saw the way that Solomon glowed amidst the dark night. He might have looked annoyed when his sister was talking a bit, but his face immediately softened as soon as he saw her leave.

And, for once, he became curious about that. For once, he thought about a family with someone. If it meant getting to see him look that way all the time, Niko would do it. He looked stunning when he had that glow to him.

And then that reminded him of his own child. He still went to the boy's parties and saw him on the holidays, but now he was wondering if that was enough. Matilda hadn't called him in a while, actually. He knew she would soon. She always did. But that raised another question.

How was Solomon going to react when he found out that he had a son? A son that he didn't see that much? If Solomon was that much of a family man, it probably wasn't a good idea that Niko was trying to get him. After all, Niko didn't want to start a family.

Even if it would nice to have someone else in that mansion with him.

Niko sighed and sat on the bench outside of the condo. What was he thinking? Why was he going through all of this just for one guy? If it were anyone else, he would have moved on already. He was never one to put up much of a fight for the people that wound up in his bed.

But there was something different about this man. Something that Niko couldn't be sure of. He just couldn't get enough of him. He wanted him to take up all his free time. He didn't even want to go to parties anymore. All he thought about was how good that man felt in his arms, and how much he wanted him in his bed.

Now this obsession was getting worse. Now it was to the point where he was thinking about completely changing up his lifestyle. Now he was thinking about kids and a future with him.

He hadn't even kissed the man yet!

Oh, this was a mess! He was a mess! He had fallen for this man so hard, he was getting dizzy. All it took was one look into those hazel eyes and all of his doubts would fly away. Just one look and he was bending to his every will.

Solomon was the only one who had completely captured his heart. The first one in his whole life. He thought that would be impossible, but he somehow made it possible.