Chapter 12

"Well," Will brought over some more snacks for them. "At least I know that I'll be getting to have my coffee in the morning."

"There's no way that this is going to work out," Benny shook his head. "Niko already screwed up so badly when he first met him. I mean, he even got on Jessy's bad side, and those two haven't even met!"

"But look at them!" Will smiled. His light brown eyes sparkled as he looked up at the TV. "Niko's absolutely obsessed with him, and Solomon can barely keep his eyes off him the whole time!"

"Solomon's still not over Somner," Benny shook his head. "He hasn't had a relationship since."

"Then Niko could be the perfect person to get him to start dating again," Will looked like an excited child. He even bounced a little on the couch when they were talking. "These two could be the perfect match!"

"Do you know how many people have tried to start something with Solomon?"

"I know that it hasn't been Niko," Will smirked.

"These two are complete opposites," Benny laid bad in the couch. "And Niko's not going to like it when Solomon isn't impressed with all the things he has."

"You see," the brunette put a finger up and leaned in closer to him, as if he was telling him some crazy secret. "That's where you're wrong. The whole point of matching the two together was so that Niko could see that not everyone is impressed with him. And, I think it's only making him more interested in Solomon. If anything, he seems more impressed with him than the other way around."

"And with his track record, he could easily blow it up," Benny folded his arms. He still didn't quite think that it was going to work. He really did want it to. It might be the one thing that gets them on better terms with the boss. But the more he watched the two and their different lives, the less likely it seemed like they would work out.

"What are you two bickering about now?" a woman plopped down next to them, her pink eyes glued to the screen. "Is this the new case you two were assigned to?"

"Yeah!" Will bounced like a child again. "This is going to be the case that makes us, Sarah!"

"I don't think it's going to really help us," Benny sighed. "If anything, we may end up in more trouble from it."

"They're perfect for each other," Will looked at him, slightly annoyed. "You don't have to like or want to do all of the same things to be a good match!"

"Hold on," Sarah stopped them both. "You guys are on a mission for Nicholas Bennet?"

"Yeah," Benny furrowed his brow when he looked at her. "Why?"

"Ew," her face twisted into a look of disgust. "That man is absolute trash. I'm surprised his file hasn't been brought to our department yet."

Sarah was a friend of theirs; a coworker in a strange way. She worked in the opposing side of their job. With the symbol of a broken heart with an arrow going through it on her jacket sleeve, Sarah showed that she was working on the Anticupid side of the building. They dealt with helping to get revenge for love.

"He was put in the Last Chance cases," Will told her. "I think it was a good thing."

"A good thing?" her long straight hair almost came out of its bun as she shook her head. "Do you know how many hearts he's broken? Or how about the fact that he barely goes to see his son?"

"He still goes to his birthday parties," Will argued with her. "That's got to show that he cares a little at least."

"And you're pinning him with Solomon?" she laughed. "Are you two trying to set yourselves up for failure? Then again, Niko could probably use a little heartbreak. It might be good for his soul."

"Solomon probably isn't going to take the fact that he has a kid so well," Benny agreed. "He's not going to like that Niko's not the best of fathers right now."

"You guys forget that people change," Will looked at them with sincere eyes.

"Niko didn't even change when he was with Matilda," Sarah rolled her eyes. "What makes you think someone like Solomon is going to do good for him?"

"I think these two can both help each other change for the better," Will smiled and looked to the TV again. "I have a good feeling about this."

There he went with those feelings again.

"And I think that this is just a dumpster fire waiting to happen," Sarah chuckled. "It might be fun to watch, though."

"It's going to be perfect," Will continued to say. Benny didn't know why the man was so confident over this.

"A perfect disaster maybe," Sarah smiled at him. In the end they all knew that this was just friendly banter. They all still cared for each other.

"No, it won't!"

"Yeah, it will!"

"You wanna put your money where your mouth is?" Will smirked.

"If you seriously think that they're going to actually make it?" Sarah looked at him in utter shock. "You're crazy."

"I mean," Benny interrupted their argument. "They are hitting it off already," he motioned towards the screen where they were walking out of the building. "As much as they seem like they aren't going to make it, you can't deny that there's a chance they could."

He may have been arguing on Sarah's side at first, and it was very likely that the relationship could crash before it even started, but he couldn't deny the chemistry that the two seemed to have. Just by watching them interact, he could see that there was something happening between the two. While they couldn't see it yet, it should be obvious to even an Anticupid that they had something.

"Thank you," Will said. He had gotten so passionate about what he was saying that he was standing at this point. "So, you wanna put your money where your mouth is, or what?"

"Sure," Sarah smirked. Her black lipstick shimmered in the lights of the break room. "I bet you 500 that Niko's going to blow it and wind up in our department."

"Five hundred?!" Benny would have spat out his drink if he had one at the moment. He was glad that he didn't.

"I'll take that bet," Will smiled back at her. "Only, if I win, you have to dye your hair whatever color I want, on top of the 500."

Sarah had always loved to dye her hair different colors. She was a colorful Anticupid, which made them love her more. Recently, she had decided to dye it black with bright red highlights. Her suit was always black no matter what. It always brought out the colors of her makeup and hair more. Knowing Will, though, he was probably going to have her dye her hair a bright color, just to try and mess with her.

"Deal," she said, much to his surprise. "There's no way I'm going to lose this one."

Author's Note: Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed these chapters. Rico was a blast to write. He's a bit crazy. And the cupids are growing! We'll see how Niko does with Solomon and the photoshoot in the next chapter!

Thanks for all the votes and comments! Feel free to comment any grammar errors!

-Saturn