Chapter 47

That had to be the most tortuous thing he had ever dealt with. Never, in his life, had he ever been interrupted like that before.

Well, he had been interrupted in the middle of making out before, actually. His parents used to love walking in on him when he was with various girlfriends of the past. That was one of the reasons why he was happy that he had gotten kicked out right at the ripe age of eighteen.

He used to have fun picking one of the random guestrooms of his parent's mansion to disappear in for some privacy. He was a master at hiding from them when he really wanted to. It added a small thrill to it all back then.

But this was much different from those simpler times of his past. Those times held some great memories, ones that he would never forget. But they were nothing compared to this.

He never quite believed that a kiss was as powerful as they make it out to be in movies and poetry. They made people believe that something like that could be magical, and that you would know who the one for you was just by kissing them. As much as he was a romantic, he wasn't dumb. A kiss was a kiss. He had known that before he even had his first kiss. It was ridiculous to think that there would be sparks of any sort when it came to that.

He truly did believe that.

Until he kissed Solomon.

He remembered the morning after that dinner party, and just how much he had wanted those arms wrapped around his neck. How much he wanted to be as close as possible to him. It surprised him because that became his priority. Not the lust that he had for him. Not the idea of him in his bed. Just holding him close.

There was nothing in the world he could compare to that sensation. It started out as a small kiss, and quickly turned into electricity as they both held onto each other for dear life. He never thought that Solomon would react to him that well. It sent him on another high that he wasn't sure he could get down from. Everything just made him want more. He needed him at that moment.

It took all he had in him to pull away when someone knocked on the door. From the reactions he was getting from Solomon, it didn't seem like he was wanting to answer it either.

Of course, he was right in the fact that he probably shouldn't have started doing something like that while he was cooking. That was a stupid move. But Niko didn't exactly think it was going to escalate as fast as it did. With how slow things were going, he was just thinking that it would be a small start.

At least now he knew just how much he wanted him.

Niko spent most of the morning with Solomon and Avi. It was pretty nice. Avi was a small fellow, with nothing that stood out other than a good smile and soft eyes. His hair was short and dark brown, matching his eye color. He really did seem kind when they talked. Niko liked him.

He wasn't expecting to tell him that he had a son of his own. It just kind of came out. The man just seemed like he was easy to talk to about things like that. And he was. The more he talked to him about Jay, the more stories Avi seemed to have about his own kids. It was nice to know that Jay wasn't the only toddler that was too energetic for his own good.

He left somewhere in the late morning. As much as he wanted to stay, he had a feeling that they weren't going to finish what they had started that day. And, as much as he wanted to talk to Solomon more, he needed to clear his head a little. Niko usually never needed any time to clear his head. He always knew what to do, and what he wanted. Things rarely happened too quickly for him. He was raised to handle everything at a fast pace. That's what had made him so great at his profession.

But this man knew how to shake him to his very core.

His phone rang just as he was getting home. He didn't look at the caller ID as he answered it. That was usually just a waste of time.