Chapter 84

"Will!" Suzy ran through the crowds of cupids. The breakroom had quickly turned into a luxurious ballroom. How Will had done it, no one truly knows. The man had a gift for parties.

There were long tables with everything imaginable on it for a cupid. They had chocolate covered strawberries, a chocolate fountain, champagne, cupcakes. It was like a giant Valentine's day party! Will had even managed to find heart balloons to have floating on the ceiling. And, everyone who knows Will made sure to attend the party. They were always the best, no matter what they were for.

But that's not why Suzy was running. She was excited for a whole other reason. This truly was a time to celebrate. For both Will as well as her. She had been waiting eight long years for this moment.

She finally spotted Will by the punch bowl. He was in a shiny suit, talking to a group of cupids about something. The giant TV that was the centerpiece for the breakroom was now the main point of everyone's concentration. They were all so excited to find a true love case, especially one that came from a Last Chance case. That hadn't happened in the history of the company.

Last Chance cases were a relatively new category, but this was still the first of its kind. And everyone was happy to see the couple that no one thought would make it. So many of them had been shocked to find out that they were a true love match! It really didn't seem like it at first. They flooded Will and Benny with questions as to how they knew that they would be a good match. Both of them had different answers. Neither of them knew for sure, for this came as a surprise for them too.

"Will!" Suzy yelled again. This time, she finally caught his attention. He could barely brace himself before she ran into him. He was nearly knocked off his feet!

"Suzy," he laughed at the woman's spontaneity. "What's got you in such a good mood?"

"Oh, Will," she laughed with him. Her small face was so happy it looked like it was glowing for a second or two. "I'm so happy right now, I could kiss you!"

"Come on, Suzy," Will teased. "I don't exactly want either of us to lose our jobs. I just finally got out of the dog house here."

"They're finally together!" She cheered.

"Yeah, I know!" he smiled. "I'm so glad they made it! The whole week was a roller coaster of emotions. It was probably the most stressful week of my career, and that's saying something!"

"I never would have thought that Solomon and Niko would have been a true match," one of the cupids shook her head. "They were such different people, with such different histories."

"They were perfect from the start," Will smiled again as he looked at the giant screen. It showed the two of them kissing at the bar. They looked like they were so in love. It was a good look on both of them.

"No, no," Suzy shook her head. "I'm not talking about Solomon and Niko!"

"What?" Will looked at her with a confused expression. "Who are you talking about then?"

Before she could answer that, the door opened again to show the rest of the gang. Lee and Justin looked just as happy as Suzy. Both were cheering as soon as they walked through the door.

"You did it!" Lee looked at Justin. "You actually hit the mark!"

"I can't even believe I did!" Justin shook his head. They hadn't seen him look that happy in a while. "It was such a small target. I didn't believe it at first!"

"Well, you better believe it now!" Lee said. "Because they're going to finally have the happiness that they were meant to have!"

"Lee! Justin!" Suzy waved them over. "Over here!"