Chapter 46

"Oh, come on!" Benny yelled at the screen.

"Holy mother of cock blocks!" Sarah laughed. "That's gotta be the worst timing I've seen in my life."

"Or it was the best timing," Suzy said. "They really could have started a fire in that kitchen."

"Oh, there was a fire alright," Sarah joked. "And all it took was one Dad Plush to put it out."

"Dad plush?" Lee raised an eyebrow.

"It's what Solomon's group of friends call Avi," Benny explained. His face was in his hands at this point. "Why did Solomon have to invite him to come over?"

"He asked Avi to come over first!" Justin argued. "Friends are more important than douchebags who just want to fuck."

"Calm down there, Justin," Will put a hand on his shoulder. "While I do support the meaning of that statement, there's one thing that you all are missing here."

"What?" they all asked him at the same time. While the group all had mixed reactions to what they had just watched, Will couldn't stop smiling at the moment.

"What do you mean?" Will rewound the video again. "We finally achieved the impossible! Guys!" he paused at just the right moment. "They finally kissed!"

Sure, it was slightly frustrating that they were interrupted in the middle of their...intimacy. But that wasn't the mission. The main thing that truly starts off a relationship is a kiss. And it had taken almost two months for them to finally get to that point!

So, they finally kiss, and what does everyone do? Complain some more!

"Well, yeah," Benny said. "But whatever was going to happen next could have concreted their relationship!"

"No, it wouldn't have," Justin shook his head and folded his arms. "All it would have done is make Solomon anxious and a potential fire in that condo."

"No, it wouldn't!" Benny yelled.

"Yeah, it would!"

"You're just saying that because you're a grumpy anticupid who doesn't want to even think about giving Niko a chance!"

"Newsflash, Benny," Justin argued. "You didn't even believe that he was going to make it. Will was the only one for the longest time."

"Well, I changed my mind! Just like he's going to change his heart."

"Since when is making out in the kitchen considered a change of heart?"

"Since it was going to concrete their relationship!"

No one had really seen Benny this angry. The pink swirls in his eyes had almost consumed the light blue. He always was a passionate cupid. But, so was Justin. And when fire and fire collided, all it created was a disaster.

"For once," Will interrupted their argument. "I'm with Justin on this one."

Everyone looked at Will in shock. Even Justin.

"Wait," Justin put his hands up in a stopping motion. "Did you just say what I think you just said?"

"Yup!" Will put an arm around his shoulders. "You see, Solomon's a cautious kind of guy. We all can tell that just by how long it took them to kiss."

"But, Will!" Benny argued. "This isn't a teenage relationship! It's not like they have to kiss for the next three months before they do anything else!"

"That's not just for teenagers," Will said. "But, even then so, it's good that Solomon will have a chance to truly think about whether he wants to go that far that fast."