Chapter 55

"So," Sarah walked through the halls of the department again. "What do you think they're doing now?"

"What they always do," Justin rolled his eyes. "The breakroom either gets turned into a debate class, or it's something dumb that they're freaking out about. And, since I don't hear that megaphone through the hallways, I don't think it's the latter."

"Wanna make a bet on it?" she smirked at him.

"No," he responded almost immediately to that. "Not when I could be losing money as it is."

"Wait," she almost stopped in the middle of the busy halls. "Does that mean that you're actually thinking that they're going to make it?"

"Definitely not," he scoffed. "Niko's going to break Solomon's heart. It hasn't happened as quickly as I thought it would, but he definitely is."

"Then why are you so worried about losing?"

"Maybe I just don't want to bet about every single thing that Will and Benny do," he crossed his arms and frowned. "Ever thought about that?"

The hall they were walking through around this time was busy. There were so many cupids who were talking amongst themselves about their own assignments, or stories that they had heard in the past. Not all Cupids were social creatures. Love didn't always need a voice. But the ones in this hall were. It made hearing the faint whisperings of two people they recognized much more difficult to hear.

"You think it will actually work?" It was Suzy and Lee talking amongst themselves. It seemed like they were both headed to the breakroom themselves. Probably to see what Will and Benny were up to, since they had been couped up in there for so long.

"They do both seem to have some sort of interest in each other," Lee said.

Justin and Sarah looked at each other. Then Justin gave her a mischievous smile, to which she returned. They started to walk closer to the two of them, hoping that they wouldn't notice them.

"But it's really slight. What if it doesn't work?"

"I have a good feeling about this one, Suzy," Lee smiled. "They have different backgrounds, but they very well could be the perfect one for each other."

"Well," Suzy sighed. "I suppose it's worth a shot. It's not like I had anyone in mind anyways. None of the other times I've tried seemed to ever do anything."

Before they could really get to the juicy part, one of the many cupids running around the halls bumped Justin into Lee.

"Hey!" Justin held onto his arm and looked over to the one who was rushing away. "Watch where you're going!"

"Sorry!" the man yelled over the crowd. "I'm in a hurry!"

Justin shook his head. He didn't even say 'excuse me' while he was nudging through everyone. The nerve of some people.

"Justin!" Lee wrapped an arm around his shoulders. "I've been waiting to see you."

"Sorry I haven't been around a lot," he said. "I just finished up one of my cases."

He still wished he could have stayed a ghost among the crowd. He wanted to hear more about Lee's case that he was talking about. As much as Justin was an Anticupid, he loved hearing about the gossip that some of the cupid's cases entailed. Even though he still didn't like the idea of pinning Solomon with Niko, it was still pretty interesting to watch. His favorite moments were when Niko got put in his place. But that was happening less and less.

"Oh, you finished a case?" Lee flashed him a bright smile. "That means you'll have a break in between them, right?"

"Yeah," he looked at the man suspiciously. "Why?"