Chapter 15

"Okay," Sarah set her drink down. "I'll admit it. That was impressive."

"I knew these two would be a fun match," Will looked smug as he sat next to her on the couch.

"How the Hell did he recover after bringing up Solomon's ex though?!" Sarah looked baffled as she gestured at the screen. "That should have been the one thing that killed it right there!"

"That's what I'm wondering," Benny shook his head. "I mean, I knew Niko was a charmer, but damn."

"Honestly," Will said. "We may have underestimated him."

"He could still be feeling the after affect of the arrow," Benny contemplated. "I did shoot both of them."

"It didn't seem like you shot Solomon at all," Sarah shook her head. "That guy didn't look interested in him in the least up until now."

"I don't think he would have forgiven Niko at all if the arrow didn't have some affect on him," Will said. "It wasn't like he needed this job."

"I still don't think it's going to work," Sarah shook her head and leaned back into the white couch.

"Oh, come on Sarah!" Will nudged her. "Where's that passion for love that every cupid is supposed to have?"

"You forget, I'm an Anticupid," she rolled her eyes.

"A cupid is a cupid," Will put a finger in the air. "Whether or not there's something else added onto that. We all have a passion for love."

"Why should I care about a man who's done nothing but broken hearts and partied his whole life?" Sarah looked into Will's chocolate brown eyes. She just didn't get him sometimes. "He's nothing but an asshole. And men like him can't be changed."

"But he's so much more than all of that," Will gave her a soft smile. "If he wasn't, then he wouldn't have been given another chance."

There was something about Will that was different from most of the cupids there. He had gotten his share of bad luck and had paired up plenty of people that didn't work out. But nothing could ever break the innocence of the man. He truly saw the good in everyone. Recently, it had been his downfall.

"What are you three going on about now?" another Anticupid sat down next to them. There were a few chairs that were around for anyone to pull up to their little area.

"Hey Justin," Sarah smiled at him. "Wanna have a bet?"

"A bet?" the tanned man looked confused at all of them. "You guys do know that you could get in trouble for that sort of thing, right?"

"Oh, we aren't going to blow it out of proportions," Will shrugged. "It's all fun and games. I mean, Benny and I bet our lunches and breakfasts over it."

"What is this even over?" his green eyes looked at the screen for a second. "And why are you watching this asshole?"

"Jeez," Will shook his head. "Does everyone know him?"

"Will, you forget that our profession deals with people like him all the time," Justin said. "I'm shocked that you guys are watching him, though. He should be assigned to one of us soon."

"Heh," Will put his hand to the back of his head. "He's kind of already assigned to someone."

"What?" he asked. "Who?!"

"He's on the Last Chance list," Sarah explained for them. "These two got assigned to pick out his last chance."

"How the Hell did he wind up on the last chance list?!" Justin looked outraged. "Did the boss forget what he did to Matilda?!"