Chapter 27

"Solomon, wake up before I burn the house down trying to make pancakes!" Jessy's voice was slightly muffled. That's when he realized that he had put a pillow over his head subconsciously. He could never sleep in, even after staying up super late at that party.

How do dinner parties last that long? He felt like an old man complaining about how late he had to stay out. He was just so used to getting up early in the morning that he couldn't stay up too late anymore.

Thankfully he had somehow convinced Maya and Jessy to not berate him with questions until the next day. Jessy must have seen how tired he was. She helped make sure that Maya had gone to bed before she went to sleep in their guest room. Solomon's guest room had held a lot of different people. From Jessy, to all of Maya's friends. It was always fun whenever someone came to visit and stayed the night. When Maya had her friends over for the weekend, he would fall asleep to the soft giggling late at night.

It was so adorable.

"Solomon!" Jessy's voice had gotten louder. That, along with the sound of his door opening, woke him up all the more. "Get your butt up!"

He groaned his response and hid his face further into the pillows. He didn't want to start the day. There were too many things that he didn't want to remember at the moment.

"I want to do so much more with you." Those silky words crept their way into his thoughts again. And, just like that, the night played vividly in his mind.

They were so close to kissing. He almost let it happen. Those blue eyes were hypnotic, and his words were as sweet as honey. He was charming, Solomon would give him that. But was this truly what he wanted?

"Earth to Solomon!" he felt a light slap on his shoulder.

"Jessy," he groaned. "Why do you have to do this every time you spend the night here?"

"Because I'm hungry and I don't know how to cook pancakes," she crossed her arms. The sunlight was barely coming in through his dark curtains. "And I know Maya won't be up until later, so you get to tell me everything."

"I don't want to," he whined into his pillow.

"It's either that or I order pizza," Jessy threatened. "From the greasiest pizza place I know."

He sighed.

She always knew how to get him.

"For breakfast?" he asked, He slowly moved the blanket off from him.

"People have pizza all times of the day," Jessy smirked at him. "You'd be surprised."

"I'm not that surprised," he shook his head. Somner used to do that from time to time. He would yell at him so much for that. "I'm more annoyed that you woke me up this early. It's only eight!"

"Are you kidding me?!" she watched as he slowly got off from his comfortable mattress. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for you to tell me what happened?!"

"It was just a dinner party," He argued. "And I'm shocked that you didn't wake Maya up with all that yelling you were doing."

"Oh, that girl could sleep through a hurricane, I swear," Jessy shook her head. "Now come on and help me make these damn things."

Solomon quickly grabbed a shirt and threw on some sweatpants. He normally slept naked at night. But, whenever there were guests over, he tended to wear boxers, just in case there were situations like this one. He was shocked that he had even remembered to take off his clothes with how tired he had been the night before.

"You better not have ruined my kitchen," Solomon complained as he walked out of his room. Jessy had a habit of doing that every time she came over. That was just how she cooked. And Solomon absolutely despised it.