Chapter 8

It had been a long week at work. And he knew that it was only going to get busier the more days that passed. It was the season for it in the company. There were taxes due, records to collect, new business deals to make. Everything either went completely right, or they crashed and burned during this season.

Niko had just been on a lucky streak, it seemed.

For now, he could relax for just a little while. He felt like he should go out and celebrate. He had actually been able to get the person that he wanted to have for the job. He had struck gold.

But he didn't really know who he would go with to celebrate.

There were always parties that were happening every night, as long as you knew the right people. And Niko knew them all. Even if they weren't at a party already, they were always ready to party. It was just that, for some reason, he didn't want to go with them. He'd much rather go home and enjoy the quiet for once.

It wasn't really like him. Especially since he was in between relationships at the moment. The women at those parties were the best when it came to one night stands. He would have gone to them the past few nights as well if he hadn't been so worried about this deadline that he was under.

Maybe it was because he had been so stressed lately. His body just really needed sleep after it all. After that day, he would go back to trying to find a new interest to keep himself occupied on his off hours. Someone who looked good hooked onto his arm whenever he went out, or just someone he could enjoy for the night.

The more he thought about that at the moment, the less appealing that was. What was wrong with him? Was he getting sick? Maybe he should get a check up or something.

"I don't appreciate being treated like an object that you can just use."

That man had still been in the back of his mind all day. He couldn't get over just how he talked to him. It was the first time that someone had gotten that angry at just a simple flirtatious remark that he had made. But those vibrant eyes had made him want to do anything just to get on good terms with him again.

Niko parked in front of his mansion. He absolutely hated apartments, or anything of the sort. Living in a mansion was freeing. He could get lost in the many rooms that the place had. When he was a kid, he would wander around his parent's mansion until no one would know where he was. All of the restrictions that they placed on him back then were stripped from him as soon as he was lost in those halls. They wouldn't be able to find him for hours. At first, they would panic and start screaming for him. Those were the times he got yelled at the most. But, soon enough, they stopped caring and just waited for him to come back when he was hungry or something.

He liked those times the most.

But now he didn't have to worry about anyone looking for him or worrying about him. He simply had this giant place all to himself. When he wasn't working or going to parties, he would simply wander through his house, trying to find out more wonders that it held like when he was a kid.

There weren't anymore wonders. He had owned the place for years now. He knew it like the back of his hand. The only mystery of the day was which of the cleaning crew were where, and that got boring really fast.

He wondered if Solomon would like a place like this. He would love to see the look on the man's face when he saw this beauty.

Wait. Why was he still thinking about him? Why was he thinking about bringing him here? He never brought people to his place. He was always the type who went out with them rather than bringing them home. His mansion was his sanctuary from everything. There were a rare few times with some of the women that he dated where he'd bring them to his mansion, just to impress them, but those were women. And he was pretty sure he wasn't into men.