Chapter 53

Author's Note: !!!!HEAVY THEME WARNING!!!! Hi guys! I'm putting this at the top of the chapter today just because this chapter has a dark theme to it. If you are worried that it might affect you negatively, please feel free to skip this one, as well as the next one. Today does leave off on a lighter note, and we're getting close to the end of the month challenge for Niko, but things get a little dark before they get better. I really hope you like Solomon's backstory. He's one of my babies, and I love him. How will Niko react to it, though? Let's see!

-Saturn

"So, where are we going?" Solomon asked him. They had gone in Niko's car and were already driving off.

"Somewhere I go when I want to be away from it all."

"You mean besides your house?" Solomon joked. Niko looked over to him to see that there was a soft smile that was starting to form.

"That usually is my means of escaping," Niko explained. "That's why I try not to have that many visitors. A lot of the people I've been with have never even seen that house."

"Really?" Solomon seemed shocked to hear that.

"Yup," He winked at him. "You're one of the few."

"That's just because your washing machine broke down," his hair shook out of his bun as he spoke.

"Ah, I remember that day," Niko smiled. "I honestly thought that I would never see you again."

"All you had to do was walk around downtown just about any part of the day," Solomon explained. "A lot of the houses and businesses there have been having nothing but AC problems."

"I like the washing machine story better," Niko said. "It's a fun one."

"I guess you got a point there," Solomon chuckled a bit. His voice was still quiet and unsure, but Niko was happy that he was at least starting to get back to normal.

It wasn't too long of a drive to where they were going. Amor had plenty of sites to see, and things to do. Even in all the crazy weather that they always had, it never stopped people from having fun, and businesses from staying up and running.

The party scene was great too.

"Alright," he parked on the side of a deserted road. "We're here."

"Where's here?" Solomon looked confused. "Are we hiking or something?"

"Nope," Niko shook his head and smiled. When they got out he gestured for them to walk a little ways more. "Trust me, you're going to love it."

The road they were on was a small one, with the lines giving a wide space for cars that needed to park on the side of it. Not too many people ever drove down there, and it was pretty weathered down. This was one of the first places that Niko had found when he had gotten his first car. He loved the idea of finally being able to be free. He could finally be away from his parent's demanding glares, if even for an hour, and just drive down the winding roads that the city had in it.

But this part, just past the hill that they parked besides, was his favorite place.

"Welcome to my secret paradise," Niko put his hand up to show the small, bare beach. The sand was soft and the waves were calm at the moment.

"Wow," Solomon stood there in awe. "It's beautiful."

"It really is," he smiled as he thought about all the things that this place had helped him go through all the years since he found it. Then he looked at Solomon with that same smile. "And, I can say this for a fact: you're the first person I've ever brought here."