Chapter 88

It was another successful mission for Sarah. She was enjoying the quick ones that she had been assigned. Sure, it meant that she would have shorter breaks in between, but that didn't matter. She loved what she did.

Every time she came back to the department, she had a routine. She would go and drop some paperwork off, talk to the one overseeing her. Then she would go to the breakroom that Benny and Will were in.

Because, yes, even after two months, those two were still secluded to that breakroom. Their six months of waiting was almost over, at least. Eros hadn't wanted to put them on another case until this one was finished. Sarah heard from Will that he said he wanted to see if this case was still going to wind up a success. She didn't know how it wouldn't be, but there was no arguing with Eros. He was just like his brother, Sarah's boss. Both of them were stubborn when it came to their final decisions. They wouldn't change their minds no matter what.

Granted, they were both right most of the time. But that was beside the point.

Eros must have seen how bored the two of them were getting, because he had given them all of this paperwork to do while they waited. They were going to be forced to do it in one of the offices, but Will insisted that they needed to stay in the breakroom to be able to watch their case and keep up on it.

Ah yes, their case. Sarah wondered what Eros meant when he said that there was still one person that could break them up. They had been nothing but a happy couple for the past two months, with no sign of dark clouds to rain on their parade. Sarah certainly couldn't think of someone who could break up the relationship.

There was Somner who probably could. If he was alive. But other than him, she couldn't think of anyone. Maybe the boss was just trying to get them on edge so they wouldn't think that they succeeded on the case so soon. She wouldn't put it past him, honestly.

Sarah walked into the breakroom to see nothing but papers everywhere. Will was laying on a couch with his feet propped up at the end of it. He hummed while he scribbled through all the pages that was in his hands.

Benny, on the other hand, looked like he was going to explode if he kept this up any longer.

"Sarah!" the blond practically jumped towards her. "I'm so glad you're here! Please save me from this paper mess!"

"I wish I could, buddy," she hugged him. "Trust me."

"It's not going to be too long," Will thumbed through some more pages. "Besides, you're going to have to get used to doing all of this paperwork sooner or later."

Benny groaned and face planted onto the other couch that he had been on.

"I hate paperwork."

"So, what's going on in the life of Niko and Solomon?" Sarah grabbed the remote. They never left the TV on them lately. They had needed to take away all distractions while filling out the papers. So, they just checked in on the two from time to time. Usually, it would only be when someone asked.

"How would I know?" Benny whined. "We've only been drowning in papers for the past century or two!"

"It hasn't been that long," Will chuckled. He had learned to love doing paperwork from his mortal days. Desk jobs were all he knew when he was growing up. It made doing things like this as easy for him as breathing. "Last time we checked in on them, everything was just normal."

"I'm pretty sure Eros just said that thing about there being a person to break them up was just to scare you guys anyway," Sarah chuckled. "I doubt they're going to go through another hit in their relationship after the huge one a few months ago."