Chapter 20

"Is there anything you can't fix?!"

"His heart!" Will yelled at the screen.

"You know they can't hear you, right?" Benny looked at him with amusement. There was a sparkle to those blue eyes that Will hadn't seen in a while.

"Hey," Will grabbed some more snacks out of Benny's arms. "If people can yell at a bunch of guys throwing or kicking a ball around on the TV, then I can yell at this!"

Benny just shook his head and laughed.

"Is it back on?" Lee practically ran over to them. His white hair and brown eyes always reminded Will of vanilla ice cream. He was an old cupid, with thousands of years of experience under his belt. But he still acted like a kid on Christmas whenever there was a new romance blossoming.

"Yup!" Will told him. "You missed the part where Niko's house was getting flooded."

"Why was it getting flooded?" Lee sat down next to them. "Please don't tell me there's another surprise hurricane or something!"

"More like the revenge of the abused washing machine," Benny laughed. "I still can't believe that washing machines can do that much damage to a house."

"Looks like they were meant to meet again," Will smiled. "The repair man's back in action."

"I knew they would see each other again," Lee said. "He's been so obsessed with him lately. You know he even talked to Angel about it?"

"What?!" Will looked at the TV again. "I was wondering what we were missing during that meeting!"

"There was a meeting?" Lee asked.

"It wasn't anything important," Benny answered this time. "Just the usual stuff. It was to check up on the cupids like Will and I to see our progress on our cases."

"Ah," Lee nodded. "I forgot that you guys are still in the deep end right now."

"Yeah," Benny sighed. "They seem to like what we were doing with this case, though! Maybe Will is right, and this case will make us!"

"I think it's already changing him," Lee smiled again as he looked at the screen. "I've never seen Niko look at someone like he does with Solomon. Not even Matilda. And we were all so sure that match was going to work."

"Don't let Justin hear you say that," Will chuckled. "That guy get's too dramatic about stuff like this."

"He's young," Lee shook his head. "Most young cupids and anticupids have a tendency to get too passionate about certain things. That's why it's more difficult for the younger ones to get the more complicated cases."

"Is that why I was stuck on the Young Love cases for so long?" Benny asked. He hated the Young Love cases. They were cute, but had so much drama packed in them. That, and he sucked at finding the right match.

How do you help teenagers find their true love when most of them haven't even found their true selves yet?

"Probably," Lee told him. "Those are the easiest cases, after all."

"They weren't so easy for me," Benny frowned. "Those were some of the most frustrating years of my career!"

"Relax Benny," Will put an arm over him. "It's over now at least."

"Yeah," Benny sighed. "Now we just have to deal with a Last Chance case that's riddled with more problems than a teenager with a dysfunctional family."

"I'd say you guys did pretty good on this one," Lee grabbed one of the heart shaped throw pillows and started fluffing it. "It's already been three weeks for them, and Niko's still showing clear interest. Usually, in all of his other relationships, he'd start to not seem so interested after the third week."