Chapter 57

Maya and Niko both looked suspicious when he got out of the shower. They were just sitting on the couch, talking. He wasn't entirely sure what, because as soon as he walked in, the doorbell rang and the pizza was there.

That's when he realized just how hungry he was. He had to be really hungry to be craving pizza after all of this. He just didn't seem to have the energy to cook, and he was absolutely starving. Besides, he really did feel guilty for not picking Maya up on time. It was bad enough that she had to go to an all-year-around school. Having to wait in the summer heat was never good.

They all three dug in. Solomon was too tired to pick up a conversation. But, for some reason, he didn't have to today. Maya and Niko talked most of the time about all kinds of things.

"So, you won't make a business with him?" Maya asked.

"No," Niko chuckled. "We're friends, and I've worked a lot with him, but I don't think he'd be the best business partner."

"But that would be such a cool name, though!" Maya bounced. Her excitement always brought a smile to his face. She was the only one in the family that was this bubbly. "I mean, come on! 'Niko and Rico's Modeling Co.' would sound so cool! And you could have Solomon be your star model!"

"That would be a good way to convince Rico to do it," Niko smirked and looked in Solomon's direction. He had his mouth full, so he couldn't talk. Instead, he just glared at him.

"He looks really good in that ad you guys made!" Maya completely ignored his glares, like usual. "I saw it on one of the billboards in downtown!"

"It's definitely been successful in getting people to buy the clothes," Niko said. "You really do look great in it, Solomon."

Great. He was getting complimented for something like that, while he probably looked like a mess, with a mouthful of pizza. Now all he really wanted to do was hide in his room and never come out. Everything still felt raw as far as his emotions went. Now it was just turning into all of his insecurities.

"I'm not going to be your star model," Solomon finally said. He swore he inhaled two or three slices while they were talking. How Niko still looked at him like that was shocking.

"But Solomon!" Maya whined. "That would be so cool! And I'm trying to convince him to make that company!"

"I'm sorry, Maya," Niko shook his head and chuckled. "But I already have enough on my plate with the one I run now."

The rest of the night was pretty uneventful. They decided to have a movie night. It was Maya's suggestion. There was something about the way that she said it that made him think that she knew something had happened. But he was just happy that she didn't try to bring it up. It was exhausting just thinking about all that had happened that day. He was still shocked that the day had flown by so fast. Within the blink of an eye, the sky was black and it was night time.

"Hey, Solomon," Niko squeezed him a little. They had all been on the couch, watching a movie at the moment. Niko had managed to wrap his arms around him the moment he sat down and Solomon was in no mood to reject the warmth that they brought.

"Hmm?" he was this close to actually falling asleep to the movie. It wasn't even that late, but his eyelids were so heavy. He had rested his head on Niko's chest while they watched it. It was dark enough in the room. Maya wouldn't notice. She was too engulfed in the movie that they were all watching.

"Can I ask you something?" his voice was low so that Maya wouldn't hear him. Those lips were pressed against his hair until just now.

"That's why I said 'Hmm'," he grumbled. Niko just laughed at that and held him tighter. His arms felt so comfortable and warm. Everything about them made him wish that he could stay in them forever.