Chapter 1

The halls were buzzing with people at that office. It was one of the busiest times of the year, minus Christmas, of course. Everyone was racing around, trying to get everything they could done, hoping that, if they did, they might get to leave early. There were voices in the thousands of offices in the tall building. Some of it was for business reasons, but most of it was gossip. Whether it be about the latest project that they were put on, or how annoying another coworker was, there was always something to be said about everything.

Out of all the pairs of eyes that scanned the halls for their friends or coworkers, no one seemed to notice the two men walking straight down the middle. You'd think they would, with how different their suits looked. One even had a heart with an arrow going through it on the sleeve. If not for their suits, then it wouldn't have been surprising for at least one person to see the men for how handsome they looked. But everyone ignored them, looking in every which way but theirs. Some people looked in their direction, but it was as if they were cellophane. They saw right through them.

And no one seemed to pay attention to what they were saying, either.

"So, what's the plan again?" the blond said. They both had short hair that was buzzed in the back, but the blond's was longer in the front, with his bangs flipped up to give his hairstyle a fluffy look.

"Here," the brunette handed him a file. "I'll give you a quick run through of our client, but you're going to have to read this if you want to get this right."

"Okay," the blond looked a bit nervous. He followed the brunette down the long halls. It seemed like a maze here. The offices all looked the same, and so did the doors to them. Even the people looked similar to each other. He supposed that there was some kind of dress code for the office. Some women had pins or wore different colors to add their own style to their outfit, but most looked so alike it was hard to keep track of who was who.

"We're on a special case, today," the brunette started. "This is a Last Chance case."

"We got assigned to a Last Chance case?!"

"Yup," the brunette smiled at him. "This is our chance to prove ourselves."

"Wait," the blond had opened up the folder and seen the picture to the client they were working on. "Our client is Nicholas Bennet?!"

"The man himself," the brunette laughed. "He's gotten himself in a lot of trouble with the boss this time."

"He's an asshole!" the blond looked at him furiously. "I thought he was already getting sent over to the other department."

"Love is always forgiving," the brunette put up a finger, as if to teach him a lesson. "Besides, Benny, this just makes our jobs more fun!"

"Except for the fact that it doesn't," Benny frowned. "Nicholas has broken the heart of every woman that has ever even looked at him in that way! I still don't know why his file isn't over with the Anticupids."

"Like I said," the brunette shrugged. "This is his last chance."

"He shouldn't get another chance," Benny grumbled.

"You wanna take your opinion to the boss?"

"No!" Benny's eyes got wider as he said that. "Come on, Will! Aren't you just a little bit worried that this is just going to lead to another failure? We're going to get demoted if we keep getting assigned cases like this!"

"Calm down, Benny," Will patted his shoulder. "This is a challenge that I know we can do."

"Nicholas Bennet is one of the richest bachelors in the state!" he yelled at him. At that moment, he was grateful that no one paid attention to them. It would only make this more difficult to talk about. "He's self-centered, egotistical, and he's never been in a relationship that's lasted as long as a month!"