22. The Pact

Lincoln Hunters

"Come in!" I called out as my Beta entered the office. Looking everywhere but me.
"You asked for me Alpha.."
"There was no one patrolling around the mountains last night. Care to tell me why?"
He scratched the back of his head, recently Benjamin has been slacking in his responsibilities. "I might have missed out on it since, I was busy going rounds in the forest."
"YOU SHOULD HAVE APPOINTED SOMEONE ELSE DAMMIT!"
"Sorry Alpha. It won't happen again."
"Oh yeah, it surely won't happen again because Tyler is gonna be in charge of the border patrols from now on." A flash of anger washed through his eyes and I could only scoff at it. He can be the strongest warrior in the pack but, I'm his fucking Alpha. I'd take him on a challenge and defeat him with in seconds on any given day. He was well aware of it. How can he forget the days we've trained together. Tyler was known for being excellent at tracking scents, while Matt was the best agile warrior. Benjamin usually uses his heavy physique to take on an army of warriors. The title doesn't come to you easily, even if you were the only heir. The werewolf council conducts its usual appraisal before approving someone of being Alpha, if he wasn't up to the criteria, the position would be given to the next in line. I lead the most substantial and powerful pack in the whole of the North for a reason. I can't let mistakes slide in. As much as we're feared, there still would be someone or something out there trying to defeat us and take our place.

"Do you have a problem with that Beta?" I asked.
"No sir!" He swallowed.
"Mind you the Beta title is on the line. One more slip and I'll make you step down." I warned.
"It won't happen again.." he spoke, still hardly making any eye contact.

Tyler and Matt then joined us to talk about tomorrow's gathering with the Silver Moon Pack. Benjamin's jaw hardened at the sight of Tyler. The tension was thick between Benjamin and I until Matt spoke up.
"Alpha you'll sign the first pact between both packs tomorrow, so it's considered to have the closest pack members during the official paperwork. I could send out an invite to whoever necessary."
I nodded.
"The former Alpha and Luna, Benjamin and Nina, the two of you with your mates." I pointed at Ty and Matt. "Anyone else?" I really wish Amelia could come, stand by me. It was a special day after all.

"How about all the front warriors and their families. The former uppermost warriors and their families. I mean... guys this is big news for our pack. We're extending our pack." Tyler said enthusiastically.
"You're right man, it should be a celebration." Matt laughed.
"A celebration? Nah..." I walked away from them.
"Come on Linc, we could loosen up a bit you know." Tyler gave out his usual smirk. I wonder what he's up to now.

"Give me the names, Benjamin, anyone you'd like to invite?" Tyler asked while Matt asked for a maid to note down the names that had to be invited. Benjamin simply shook his head, his mind was else where. I got to find out what it was soon enough.

"The Michael's, Jason's family, umm how about the Browns..." Matt and Tyler kept piling up names. "Wait the Lovecraft family, Alpha Elijah would be pissed if we hadn't invited them." Tyler bit his cheek. So this is what he was up to. Well I can't complain.

By the end of the count, we've reached nearly five hundred werewolves being invited. I'm starting to think Matt and Tyler might have gone mad.

"Alright ladies, lots to prepare within twenty four hours. Let's hurry up!" Matt cried, hurrying out with the maid, followed by Tyler and Benjamin.

~~~~~

Amelia Lovecraft

"Dad, I'm home!" I sang as I walked into the house. I didn't know why but, I felt good as I drove home from the pack house. Lincoln asked if I could give us a chance? Him and I? A new beginning.