7.The Pack House

Amelia Lovecraft

It was a beautiful sunny day, dad and I planned on going for a run in human form before I head to the hospital. Heera loved running in the fields but, recently she hasn't felt that good about transforming into her wolf form so I left her to it. She'll let me know when she was ready.

Although dad was a skillful fighter, I was better than him when it came to running. He used to try and catch up and it was real fun watching him do so. I sprinted through the fields of green grass letting my hair fly free through the breeze.
"You can't catch me!" I yelled to dad as he was a few feet away from me. With that I took off into the forest, moving through the tall trees. Suddenly I didn't hear my father's presence behind me. I didn't entirely stop but slowed down my movements and paid more attention to my surroundings. I heard the tress sway and a close by river flowing. The dried leaves under my feet rustle. I became quite alert and Heera was on the verge of taking over.

With cautious steps further I still caught on to my fathers scent, so he was near me. I smirked knowing well he was playing with me and moved forward. My left ear heard twigs cracking. In a swift move and a growl, in front of me stood a familiar grey wolf. His paws, ears and the tip of his tail in white.

It was Reign my dad's wolf. I grew up playing with him. And used to fall asleep snuggling into his fur.
"But that's cheating." I fake pouted.
He licked my cheek and urged me to run to the waters. He jogged along with me and we reached the river. After reign gulped enough water. I laid near his neck as he sat down, and we stayed there quietly for a while.

~~~~

At the hospital

I stood writing down a prescription for one of the patients. He had arrived from a neighbouring pack. After recovering from his injuries, he was to be discharged tonight.

Handing the nurse the prescription, I shared a few pleasantries with the patient before making my way to the next patient.

On my way through the halls, I noticed Alex had been completely zoned out, staring at the wall. It seemed like he was being mind linked by someone. Usually the Alpha establishes mind links between the higher officials and main persons in charge of major fields. In case of medical assistance during an emergency he would be able to mind link to Alex immediately.

I walked into the maternity care unit to tend to a mother who just gave birth to the most adorable baby girl. Happily informing them that they're doing absolutely fine and ready to go home. I walked out, only to bump into Alex.

"Oww, sorry Alex!" I helped him gather the scattered papers that he had dropped when I collided with him.
"Hey I'm sorry, I wasn't looking.." he grinned. "I was actually looking for you Mia."
"Well, I'm here." I smiled at him.
"Yes yes, well.. I need you to drive to the pack house." My heart dropped. I looked at him confused.

"It's for Luna Catherine. She needs to do her regular check up but hates visiting the hospital." He explained.
"I see."
"You think you could do that love?" He asked. I wish I could deny it but something struck my mind. I heard my parents mention that only Alpha Lincoln's parents stayed at the pack house, whilst he stayed at a separate mansion with her.
"Umm sure. Like now?"
"Yes! Thanks Mia." He walked away.

At the pack house...
After I pulled up my Mini Cooper at the entrance of the massive pack house.

I noticed three black vehicles parked beside each other, they looked rather pricey and shiny

I noticed three black vehicles parked beside each other, they looked rather pricey and shiny. Saying a little prayer to the moon goddess, I walked up to the house.

Going up the stairs I met with one of the maids who wore a simple black dress, that seemed like a uniform. She looked up at me with a bright smile.
"Hi, I'm Dr. Lovecraft. Dr. Thornton sent me here to see the Luna." In an instant, she carried my bag. Before I could protest she spoke.
"Please follow me miss." I walked into the place with her. To say the pack house looked magnificent would be an understatement. The wolves walking past gave me curt nods, as I made my way through them.

She took me up the second floor through the stairs and I began sensing faint scents of spruce and mint. Heera became alert, and I straightened my pose. Okay so he was here. Now what?
"Just do your job and get out of here." Heera snapped.

Pushing away the shivers the stupid yet tantalizing scent gave me, I focused on where the maid was taking me and it felt like forever.

On the second floor, there were many rooms and at the very end was the next set of staircase for the third floor. However beside the staircase was two large wooden doors. And it seemed like a very important room. Noticing my curiosity, the maid spoke up, "that's the Alpha's office. It's where he conducts meetings with officials or other pack Alphas." I nodded to the information, and knew he was in there. Does he sense my presence?
"Umm where's the Luna anyway?" I asked her.
"On the next floor, we're almost there." She answered.

Just when we got close to the stairs and the double doors, it opened up.

The Alpha walked out in all his magnificence. His appearance and features giving out a very powerful aura. His eyes instantly found mine as he walked out with the Beta following him. A sudden thrill just gushed through my body as if it had a mind of its own. It felt uncontrollable.

Snapping my head towards the maid who stopped in her tracks. I looked at her to watch her bow her head to show respect to the Alpha. Copying her gesture, we began walking away from him. All the while feeling his gaze on me as we climbed up the stairs.

I exhaled the breath I never knew I held as we reached the third floor. The maid giggled thinking I was tired after taking the stairs. She clearly had no idea what made me catch my breath in the first place.

"Hello my dear, come!" I heard delightful voice.
"Luna.." before I could bow, Luna Catherine pulled me into an embrace.
"Lincoln insisted on me getting checked up, I specifically asked him to send you here, in stead of Alex." She grinned and gave me a cheeky wink. I laughed at her cute expressions. She walked me into her grand bedroom, and the entire time I had a whiff of his scent on my nostrils.

"And why would that be Luna?" I asked her.
"Well, Alex listens to Linc, and he updates everything to him. Even the slightest concerns." She pulls to me to sit on the bed and whispers, "Alex mentioned that I keep away from anything sweet. And since then Linc has forbidden me to eat anything delightful. He made it an order in the house." She shook her head as if stating the most absurd thing ever.

I couldn't help but smile at her childishness, if anything her son cared about her.
"Now I want you to change that, tell them I'm better and that I can have something sugary once in a while. Hmm?" She requested hopefully. I bit my lip not knowing how to respond to her.

"That's something I can't do Luna."
"Oh now stop with the Luna, call me Catherine. And yes you can, no one will know." She squeezed my hand.
I shook my head, "no I can't,-"
"I knew you were up to something when you requested another doctor." His voice boomed through the bedroom. Making the Luna and I flinch for a second.

Hello my lovely readers!!
Are you liking the story so far?
What do you think about Amelia & Lincoln?

Stay safe ❤️❤️❤️