12. Concern

Happy Easter 🐣
Stay safe my lovely readers!! ❤️❤️❤️

Lincoln Hunters

Heading back to our territory, I noticed how her car wasn't parked at the hospital anymore. I hoped she had got home safely. Tyler drove through the streets and slowed down by a small yet elegant house. I glanced at him in confusion. What was he up to? He peeked all around the house looking for something. I kept looking at him. He better give me an answer.

"What?" I barked impatiently.

"Chill Linc." He jolted at my sudden outburst.

"Who the fuck are you looking for?" I asked in annoyance.

"I'm looking for a Mini Cooper Alpha!" He still kept looking into the driveway. "She's supposed to be home after work. Right?" He looked back at me.

"It's her house?" I looked around the house just like he did. There was no damn car in there.

"I know David's house, she should be here." He tapped on the steering wheel.

A part of me yearned to see her reach home safely. And another soared in happiness at Tyler's actions. I hadn't said a word to him, yet he knew what I needed.

Relaxing back into my seat, we sat there quietly, waiting for my mate to return home.

My Jeep was pulled up under a tree and the windows were tinted. Crossing my arms over my chest, I just kept staring out the window in complete silence, until I heard a quiet laugh. It was the buffoon beside me. He loved to rile me up on ordinary days when no one was around and after being caught red handed by him. May the goddess save me.

"Who would have thought, the almighty Alpha, sitting under a tree just to get a glimpse of his girl." He chuckled shaking his head.
Even Kai loved the teasing. He howled.
A growl left my throat to stop the both of their sneers at me.

"Fine!" Tyler put his arms up in surrender. "Let's do one more stop."

After meeting Amelia at the library...
I couldn't remember the last time I'd been smiling so much.

As soon as we entered the library, she sat there with her legs crossed and her hair tied up in an adorable way. Surrounded by books, she looked exhausted. While I spoke to her father I felt her doe eyes on me the whole time. She thought I wouldn't notice. A few times when I glanced her way, she would been looking up at me fiddling with some books in her hand. So fucking cute!

It hurt to know she fought the feelings she had for me. It pained to even know she wouldn't glance my way. Biting her lips in frustration. I knew the mate bond was taking a toll on her as it does to me. Everyday and every night.

The little bits I learn about her, have become my solace. All the tension that has been building up since morning has finally eased. All because of her presence. Her calm attitude flipped when I commanded her. At the mention of the word "mate" I knew she surrendered.

"I can handle myself very well, Alpha!" Her little comeback. I knew she was fuming. I found it cute, only if she knew. She'll want to rip me in shreds.
~~~~

We returned back to the pack house, where Benjamin and Matt waited for us.

"No sign of any mysterious activities in the pack when you were gone. We've been patrolling all around the territories and it's all well guarded." Matt informed.