52. Home

Amelia Lovecraft

"Are you okay?" I inquired.
"More than okay. Why do you ask?" Lincoln looked my way.
"I heard something about Sarah when I came in."
"About that." He cleared his throat. "It's nothing to worry about Mia." Lincoln and I now stood by the railings of the terrace, looking down at the fields.
"Are you going to kill her?"
He shook his head, "we're handing her over to someone."
"Someone?" I asked.

"Lincoln!" Catherine walked in. "Are you planning on making the poor girl starve? The entrees are ready to be served."

~~~~~

At the dining room...

We walked in to be greeted by many familiar and unfamiliar faces seated at the table. Before we entered, the room was filled with laughter and chatter. As soon as Lincoln stepped in, with me following right behind him, the whole room had become pin drop silence. To our right the former Alpha and Luna sat, beside them my parents. I noticed how mum and Cathy shared a triumphant smile, looking at us. On our left was Tyler, Tania, Matt and Leandra. All eyes on us. Sweet goddess so much attention! I squeezed Lincoln's hand, to which he simply pulled me further and held me by the waist. The gesture brought me close to his warmth.

"Sorry if we kept you all waiting." Lincoln spoke up and soon everyone broke the awkward silence, replying that's it alright and thankfully carried on with their own quiet conversations.

The dining area was lit up with the grand chandelier and candles everywhere. With gold rimmed wine glasses and gold plated tableware. There were maids placed behind every guest seated on the table. Way too fancy.
"You good?" Lincoln narrowed his eyebrows at me.
"Don't you think it's all a little too much?" I whispered.
He laughed, catching a few other's attention. "Relax baby, it's just a simple dinner."
This is anything but simple.

Once we sat at the head of the table, Cathy gestured the maids to serve us. My smile grew wider as Penny brought in my plate.
"Italian caprese salad with freshly made mozzarella for you my little Luna." Penny said.
"Thank you so much Penny, it looks delicious." I looked up at her.
"Enjoy." She said to both Lincoln and I.

The dinner was followed by a creamy tomato pasta with Italian sausage alongside my favourite kind of Rose wine. And we finished it off with mini tiramisu trifles.

"I'd like you to come with me tonight, I've gotta place to show you." Lincoln whispered in my ear, kissing my shoulder while pulling back.
"Where?" I inquired.
"Have you heard about The Elm Tree Cottage?" I nodded in shock, the cottage was a beautiful piece of land owned by the Bartley's, an old couple by the lake.
"Yes? What about it?"
"It's up for sale."

~~~~~~

That's where we were now. The Elm Tree Cottage. Large wrought iron gates guarded the place. From what I learnt, the old couple were willing to sell the place to Lincoln if we were interested, since they were getting too old to take care of the whole cottage. They were planning to move into a small space. We drove through the path, and right before the large manor, was a stunning fountain surrounded by flowers and bushes. Stepping out of the car, I just looked around at the beautiful, tall trees surrounding us, giving us the perfect privacy.

"Let's go inside." Lincoln walked up the stairs towards the entrance of the house. He already had the key to unlock it. Flicking a few switches, he turned on the lights. I gasped at the interior of the house. It wasn't as big as the pack house, but still it was huge and looked like a very fine place. With a few of our own touches to it. The manor could really look like our new home.

"Lets go upstairs, there's something you've got to see." He took me up the stairs. "This place has eight bedrooms, and this could be ours." Lincoln opened a door, the master bedroom. What caught my attention was the large windows that led us to a balcony. The view was breathtaking, standing by the balustrade you could see a garden with a variety of flowers that would lead us to the lake, behind the house.
"I love it." I twirled to look at Lincoln, who stood behind me.
"I'm glad. We have a few more to look at. And then you can decide." He pulled me by the waist, kissing me on the lips.

I'm ending the chapter here, sorry that it's short. But you can expect frequent updates of Lost Without You, since we're nearing the end.
❤️

Lost Without You (A werewolf romance)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें