13. Rejection?

Tyler stared at Lincoln, the both of them expressing the similar look. Anger. It looked like they were mind linking each other.

Lincoln stood amongst many warriors but still managed to look taller than the rest. His appearance alone screamed his dominance.

Everyone around him just disappeared, it was only him I could see. Wearing black sweat pants and sneakers, he stood there shirtless. My mind kept telling me to look away but my eyes were glued to this god like man. As if to break my heart, a slender hand held his arm and pulled him towards its owner. Sarah.

She wore a pair of scanty shorts and a sports bra. Her clothes doing no justice in covering her assets. Behind her Beta Benjamin arrived and had a few words with Lincoln. When the two were in deep conversation, Sarah stretched herself in all kinds of weird poses, attracting all the male attention towards her.

"Ugh." Amaya let out a sign of displeasure looking at her. "She loves that kind of attention." She shook her head looking at Sarah.

I let out a dry chuckle and looked down. No matter how much I distanced myself from him and those feelings. The pain never seized.

"You know she isn't the Alpha's mate right?"
"Yeah..."
"Can't wait for him to meet his mate, then he better get rid of this pointless girlfriend."
"Why do you hate her so much?" I asked curiously. You can't really hate someone without a reason. Amaya had to have some logic.
"Well... when he's gone for weeks, she sleeps around. Like with a body like that, she gets anyone she wants." She eyed Sarah with disgust. "She tried to get into Jason's pants one time, which he declined because my man only got eyes for me." She wiggled her eyebrows. "The problem though, is that I can't do anything to that bitch since she hides behind the Alpha's back." She balled her fists.

"He never knew about it?" I asked.
"Oh he loves the woman blindly. He'll probably believe her lies over anyone else's word." She crosses her arms and walked along with me.

Love? It's a very strong word.

"Oh shit the Alpha is looking at us... don't make eye contact. Just walk straight Mia!" I couldn't stop myself, my eyes directly met his curious stare. Without giving into it even for a second, I looked away. Trudging faster, we left the grounds.

Friday night...

I arrived at the railway station with dad, carrying just one bag since I'll be staying with Selena for two nights and three days. It felt like a much needed getaway. Something that I was actually excited for. Saying goodbye to my father, I got to my train compartment. I'll have to spend the night inside the train and by dawn, I'll be at Selena's pack, The Moon Glory pack.

Just as the night had fallen, I was left alone with my thoughts. The day at the library, where I thought he cared and then at the training grounds how his lover held his hand. The sight alone was enough to haunt me for days. Cursing the effects of a mate bond, I knew I had to do something about it. Unfortunately I'll have to talk to Lincoln concerning the matter at first hand. There was only one solution, either one of us rejects and the other accepts. And that's that. We could be going our separate ways.

Rejection was a painful word to any werewolf, being rejected by the one whose supposed to love, hold and respect you. When the one whom the goddess herself picked for you, didn't really want you. A whimper left my lips as the pain of being forsaken by my mate crept up. In the loneliness, of the noise of the motioning railway carriage, I let my tears flow. It's been held in for way too long. Burying myself into my blanket I sobbed for hours, hoping the tears wash away all the pain that's been caused.

Squinting my eyes, I looked out the window to see the sky turning into a light hue of blue. A yawn left my mouth as I sat up and stretched myself. I never knew when I fell asleep while crying my eyes out. Letting out a deep breath, I got out of my seat to freshen up. I'll be seeing Selena and Connor in an hour, and that peaked my excitement. Throwing all the thoughts of last night at the back of my head, I looked forward to the weekend.

"Mia, missed you so much!" I was greeted with the biggest smiles and hugs.
"How are you both?" I looked at Selena and Connor, they looked happy and so in love.
"We've been great Mia, let me take your bags." Connor ignored my protests and carried my bag to the car. Leaving Selena and myself walk a few feet behind him.
"You okay love?" She looked at me.
"Yes, why?" I smiled at her.
"Your red nose and dull eyes, say something else?" She inquired. Selena was always very good at reading me. Even at the university, she knew me like an open book.
"Nothing Selena, I just that I hadn't had a good sleep in the train." I lied but felt she still didn't believe me.
"Okay, we'll talk about it. Connor's cleaned up his cottage for us to stay in, while you're here. It's gonna be so much fun!" She squealed while dragging me along.
"Watch your step!" I rushed behind her.

"This is so cute and beautiful

"This is so cute and beautiful." I gaped at the house in front of me.
Connor chuckled, "it was my grandfather's, we hardly come here since Selena and I live at the pack house mostly."
"Yes, now that you're here, we thought the weekend could be spent here with you."
We spent the whole day talking about anything and everything we missed out on. Selena kept telling me how her pregnancy was going. All the while she was bothered about my dullness, I tried so hard to cover it up and I thought probably a good night's sleep is what I want.
"Mia, are you sure you're done eating? You barely ate anything girl." She put her hands on her waist. I gathered the dishes and placed them in the dishwasher.
"Umm yeah! I'll have some later... Lena, I'm gonna go freshen up okay. I'll be back." I blew her a kiss with a wink to tease her, and she shook her head with a small smile.

I've been away from the pack for a good twenty four hours. Even though I've travelled a lot during my university days, I've never felt this uneasy. I was thinking the tedious journey and the weeping in the train made me look and feel tired, but no. Even after a warm shower and comfy clothes, something left like an overburden on me.