24. Unforeseen

Amelia Lovecraft

"Take her!" He commanded as he left.

I didn't know who dragged me away until we entered the second floor. My eyes never left him until he disappeared from my sight. "Please be okay" I chanted with in myself.

I looked around me to see my mother and Catherine, both looking at me with sad eyes. Him, giving me his blazer before he left, made me speechless. I glanced at both the women, their eyes held an enlightenment of what had happened. I needn't explain further. At this point I didn't care. Whether he's mine or not. I wanted this man to be alive. "Please be okay." I whispered to myself again.

I slipped my arms through the sleeves of his blazer, it gave me a sense of comfort and warmth. I walked away from mum, calming myself down that everything will be alright.

On my way I noticed many eyes look towards me. I wasn't in the right mind to even acknowledge the attention I had got at this time.
There were murmurs. "They met at the railway station, remember I told you about."
"So it's true."
And many other things were heard.

As I turned to a room, I saw Amaya and Lily comforting Tania as she wept.
"Mia?" Lily called as soon as I got closer to them.
"Are you okay?" Amaya questioned while rubbing Tania's shoulders. I simply nodded. My heart was beating so fast that I couldn't form any words.
"Tania, it's okay. Tyler is gonna be fine." I spoke to her. She sniffled while looking at me. I looked out the window as the three girls looked at me. I had a lot of explaining to do by tomorrow.

I laid back by the wall, listening to many wolves howling and growling. Gun shots were being fired. Minutes turned to hours. Little by little, the howling reduced. It seemed like the sun was beginning to rise.

Tyler suddenly entered into the room, looking frantic. "Baby?" Was all he said, Tania had already lunged herself into his arms, burying her face in his chest. He looked like he just shifted back. Sweat mixed with blood all over him.

"Lily, Logan has been bit on the shoulder, he's alright. He'll heal in a day or two..." before Tyler could finish Lily was already down the stairs. Probably leaving to the hospital.

"Jason's on his way here." Amaya relaxed at his words. I wanted to ask Tyler about Lincoln.

He placed a kiss on Tania's forehead before looking at me with a knowing smile. "He's absolutely fine, Alpha didn't even have to shift." He chuckled. "All he needed was two fucking guns that contained silver bullets." Relief washed over me. Just the words I wanted to hear.

"Mia it's all fine, only a few warriors are injured. Others are still going rounds, in wolf form to see if there are any hidden rogues anywhere. Alex needs you at the hospital, Eric will take you there now, if it's okay with you." He nodded at the man standing behind.

"Of course! I'll get going." I hugged Amaya and Tania before leaving to the hospital.

"Dr. Lovecraft, there still might rogues hidden in random places. I hope you stay alert inside the hospital too." Eric said as soon as we entered into my office space.

"Thank you Eric!" He nodded at left.

I still wore Lincoln's blazer while tending to the injured. The fabric kept me warm, since the dress I wore had a bare back. His scent kept me calm and composed, letting me do my job without feeling sleep deprived.

"Gah!" One of the warriors screamed as the nurses cleaned up his open wound.
"You'll need a few stitches, could you please lie down?" He lowered himself.
Once I was done, "I hope you heal well." I smiled at him before walking away.

"Mia, the kids have been a little panicky after the attacks, the nurses can't seem to calm them down." Alex approaches me. "Could just visit them please? I promise to get you a nice cup of coffee tomorrow." He whispered the last part of the sentence.

"Sure." I laughed, entering the kids ward.
The little pups were curious of what happened. Apparently the nurses had already given them a few details of what had occurred. This had peaked the curiosity of the little ones. They kept asking me about the wolf that was shot inside the pack house and if the rogues had left the territory already? Answering their questions, a few of them dozed off while two little boys stayed awake. Asking me about how Lincoln shot the rogue. They seemed eager to grow older and be able to shift, only then were they going to train with the Alpha himself. It was something the little pups were willing to do.

The room we stayed in, had a small terrace in the back, where the pup's play area was. We suddenly heard footsteps there. Remembering what Eric had told me, this could be a rogue. I immediately asked the two nurses to stay with the kids. I barely had time to call Alex or anyone. I guess I could take on a rogue tonight. Wrapping the blazer around me tightly and inhaling his scent. Slowly I tiptoed near the entrance of the terrace, holding a heavy lamp shade in my hand.

Glancing back at the nurses, I saw them ready to attack as well, one held a steel chair and the other a metal rod.

The footsteps got closer. I'm going to beat the crap out of this rogue and make my father proud.

Every step it took got louder and louder. It was just inches away. I saw as it's shadow emerged through the entrance. Any second now. A figure appeared right in front of me

BANG! Right on the head. Spot on!

"Fuck!"

Gasp.

❤️