11. Frustrating

You glow differently, when you're happy!
Be positive and stay cheery my lovelies...
❤️❤️❤️

Amelia Lovecraft

After my shift at the hospital was over, I planned on heading to the library to help with organizing a shelf of old books with my father.
"Bye Alex!"
He waved at me with a grin and continued talking to one of the guards who were patrolling around the hospital grounds. Dad told me this morning that the pack was on alert as they caught on to an unfamiliar scent. And since then the guards have been placed everywhere.

There's hardly been any rogue sightings on our pack. Only when lost, lone wolves trespass unknowingly.

"Ms. Lovecraft, where to?" One the guards gruff voice spoke out, making me jump.
"Umm, hi. I finished my shift and I'm heading to my dad's library to help him out." I replied kindly.
"Miss it's safer if you stay home. Alpha's orders."
"We don't take the Alpha's orders!" Heera snickered.
"Hush!"
"Yes, I know. But my father's waiting for me. I'll be home as soon as I'm done."
"Please be safe." He stepped back.
"Thank you!" I hopped into my car and drove away.

At the library...

"Hey love!" My dad beamed at me as I entered the library. The place was completely empty and dimly lit as the sun was setting. The street lights shone through the windows.
"Has everyone left so early?"
"No one came in Mia. Since the guards asked everyone to stay indoors. Just a few people walking here and there for necessities, that's all."
"Perhaps the best time to sort out the library."

Tying my hair up in a messy bun, I began dusting and arranging the books in order.

Thirty minutes past and I was surrounded by books all around me, as I sat on the floor with my legs crossed

Thirty minutes past and I was surrounded by books all around me, as I sat on the floor with my legs crossed. Huffing at all the books scattered... "there's no way I'm organizing all this by tonight." I muttered to myself.

"I heard you!" My dad chuckled.
"Come on, let's get my pup home." He walked to me and stretched his arm for me to take it.

Just then, a matte black Jeep stopped in front of the library, right beside my car.

"It's the Alpha." My father walked to the entrance, leaving me on the floor.

He stepped out of the vehicle with one of his men behind him. Under the glow of the street lights he looked... hot. Gosh I hate myself for being weak.

His sharp eyes gazed around the streets watching a few people walk past and I could see some them walking the opposite direction at the sight of him. With his jaw clenched like that, I bet no one would want to be close to him right now. Casually adjusting his jacket, he walked into the library. Oh no!