33. Menace

Surprise!!! ❤️❤️❤️
Early update...

Amelia Lovecraft

"Have you heard of knocking?" Lincoln spat at Tyler.
"Um, yeah shit! Err, maybe I'll come back later." He scratched the back of his head. "Fuck, why didn't you lock the door?" He yelled defensively.
"Just fucking knock next time Beta!"
"Yes Alpha, I'll come back later." Tyler was about to leave. "Don't forget the doors have locks."

"Tyler wait, I'm gonna leave anyway." I interrupted their childish quarrel.
"Mia wait!" Lincoln said to me before turning to Tyler, "what's that?" He asked gesturing to the papers Tyler held.
"It's Benjamin's conviction letter. You need to go through it before we proceed further." He answered.
Lincoln placed his hands in his pockets, "place it on the table and leave." He answered coldly.
Carefully placing the papers on the desk, Tyler walked near door, "later Alpha, bye Loons!" He grinned at me, for which I could only scowl at him. Of course, Tania would have told him.

The door closed softly, leaving us alone again. Lincoln had his eyebrows furrowed, most likely thinking of Benjamin.
"What's gonna happen to Benjamin?" My thoughts were just blurted out.
He looked at me, before walking to the desk and pulling the papers out. He handed them to me.

I took it my hand.
"You're going to kill him?" I froze, glancing at the paper.

"I would love to do it with my very own hands." He balled his fists. "The elders want the executioner to do the job."

"Is this necessary?" I asked him in disbelief, the pack hardly put any wolf on death sentence. I've only heard about it once before when I was little. "Can't you just lock him up in the cells or maybe there could be other ways to punish him.."

"You have to be joking Amelia." He eyes deadpanned on me. "Killing a wolf of another pack or a rogue wolf doesn't only put the murderer in trouble. It brings a threat to the whole pack he belongs to." He opened a few buttons from the top of his shirt, relaxing himself on the desk, while I stood absorbing all the information. "Killing Benjamin is the only way of informing the enemy that we've punished the wolf that betrayed our pack." He sighed, "but he murdered a rogue. Who knows where those fucking creatures reside. They could be anywhere, looking for revenge. Those sick bastards only need an excuse to cause havoc. Benjamin has given them a strong one to come for us."

"They?" Sarah's mate belonged to a bunch of rogues?

"Her mate lived with his brother. After the death of her mate, the brother has moved away from the town they lived in." A nervous feeling ran through my spine at Lincoln's words. There was a rogue lurking around for revenge.

"It's just one rogue right?"

"You never know Mia, rogues form groups whenever they can. End of the day they all only look for trouble."

"What's happens to Sarah? Isn't she the main cause for all this mess?"

He nodded, "Matt is questioning her about her mate, if he's got any other friends or family. A few warriors watching her every move. Once we track her mate's brother, she'll be asked to leave the pack." He crossed his arms.

"She becomes a rogue." I muttered.

"I want you to be safe, at least till this situation is cleared out. The guard stays with you." He spoke in a serious tone.