23. Warmth

Show some love for an early update you guy!! 🦋

Amelia Lovecraft

"Mom are you serious about this dress?" I rubbed my face. I had got home to get ready for the pack gathering and mama was overjoyed to pick a dress for me. And I'm starting to think it's a bad idea.
"What's wrong?" She raised a single brow with her hands on her waist.

"Isn't it a little

"Isn't it a little... too much?" I bit my lip.
"Are you joking child! Have you seen the ladies dress up for occasions here?" She asked me, "It's always better to be overdressed than be underdressed." She walked away leaving no room for arguments.

Pairing my red dress with gold heels. I left my hair in loose curls, letting them trail all the way down to my waist.

The drive to the pack house wasn't long. As we stepped out, the house was packed with people, and lights everywhere. Dad and mum walked hand in hand in front of me. Alex said he'll meet at the entrance, since I told him I'd be alone, he was kind enough to give me some company.

"Oh my god, you look gorgeous Mia!" Alex spoke as soon as he caught sight of me. His eyes still in shocked at my appearance. I looked down at my dress to hide the blush.
"Hey Alex." I chuckled, waving at him. Alex wore a blue suit, his hair neatly set. Looking very handsome, that he already had a few females glance his way. He held my hand, and we walked in together.

The pack house was usually grand and always looked magnificent but tonight, it was beautifully adorned by candle lit tables, pretty flowers and variations of drinks and cuisines.

"Have a seat, I'll grab us some drinks?" Alex said before he walked away.
"Are you sure you guys aren't a thing?" Amaya whispered from behind me, making me jump.
"Yet?" Lily perked from the other side, wiggling her eyebrows.
"You guys!" I huffed, holding my chest.
"Why are you so jumpy?" Lily asked as the both of them sat on each sides.
"I'm sorry, I'm not always so jumpy unless two creatures suddenly creep up from behind me."
Lily giggled and Amaya rolled her eyes.
"Answer me?" Amaya drummed her fingers on the table impatiently.
"What? Alex and me? No!" I shook my head. I could never see Alex more than a very good friend of mine. And honestly he's treated me that way and nothing more which makes me very comfortable around him.
"You guys look good together..." Lily smiled.
"He's a really good friend Lily, and the best chief doctor to work with."
"Hello ladies, looking so very pretty tonight." Alex arrived at our table, handing me a champagne cocktail. I took a sip of it and it tasted heavenly. Lily stood up and gave her seat to Alex as she walked off to Logan.

The whole pack seemed present tonight, Alpha Elijah and Luna were busy greeting everyone. People kept coming in from our pack and the Silver Moon Pack.