17. Reflect

Amelia Lovecraft

"Hey! Good morning..." with a string of greetings I made my way into the hospital. As I placed my bag on the desk, I yawned and slowly at in my seat. After yesterday's journey and last night's encounter, I felt worn out.

"Looks like someone is tired after their mini vacation?" I heard a cheery voice, walk in. Alex placed a hot cup of mocha cappuccino for me, he knew what I loved. Grinning at his thoughtful gesture, I picked up the cup. "Thank you so much Alex!" I sipped on my coffee and felt my energy just rushing in.

"How did it go?"
"Good, it felt good to catch up with my friends after a while." Well sadly it was ruined because of what happened after.
"That's great Mia, I'll see you around." He winked and left.

All the while talking to Alex, my head kept replaying my conversation with Lincoln. What does the man really want? Oh goddess, he's got a lover. What does he expect from me? Kai on the other hand, completely submitted to Heera. It was strange from the stories I've heard of him, we had expected him to be a monster. Fortunately he was being really warm with us. So selfless. Heera has been completely shut down after last night, I knew it was too much for her to take so I'll be giving her some healing time.

By the time it came down to my last patient, the sun began to set.

~~~~~

Lincoln Hunters

Tonight was a small gathering between the Blood Hunters Pack and the Silver Moon Pack. We've hosted a dinner at the pack house, where the Alphas, Betas and other important people of the pack sit down for an amiable dinner.

"Ugh no! I need the teardrop diamond necklace for the black dress you mutt!" I heard Sarah screech as I walked up the stairs of the mansion. When I neared our room, maids were hurrying into the room with shoe boxes and a dress.

Sarah sat in front of the dresser, while one of the ladies painted her toenails. A few others doing her makeup.

As soon as I entered the women stood to greet me and a curt nod from me, they continued their job.

"Leave!" She ordered with disgust laced in her voice and the maids left the room in seconds.

"You could be a little nice to them..."

"Babe, I missed you..." she spoke as she wore her jewellery. "I'm wearing the strapless black dress with this, you think it's enough? I heard the Luna of the Silver Moon Pack is really extravagant. Is it true?"

"Sarah, with the stress I go through you think I've time to look at the Luna of their pack?"

She huffed and walked up to me, I sat on the edge of the bed, elbows on my knees staring at the rug. I saw her heel clad feet between my shoes, and in a second her robe was on the floor, pooling at her feet. "Linc could you help me with the dress..." she spoke huskily, I looked up at her to see her bite her lip. "Please."

Zipping up her dress, she looked beautiful. She swiftly turned around to kiss me but I simply gave a small kiss on her forehead before walking into the closet. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I was losing my mind.

Pulling a black suit and a plain white shirt, I walked to the shower. Finally after a clean shave and a crisp suit I felt like myself.

"You look so hot." Sarah spoke as she circled my neck and pecked me on the lips. I gave her a small smile before walking out.

At the pack house...

"Hold hands..." Nina, Benjamin's mate pushed Sarah towards me. She giggled and held on to my elbow. Walking along the hallway, I nodded at Benjamin, who looked very pleased to see his sister and I walk together. Matt and Tyler on the other hand had straight faces on. Matt looked like he was focused on his duty but Tyler's expressionless face, told me other things. Exchanging curt nods, they followed me to the dining area.

The dinner went well, in my peripheral vision I noticed Amelia's parents were present here. They were sure to be at the dinner because they were known to be the best warriors during my father's rule. They were speaking to my parents in a very cordial manner.

"I'll be back." Sarah whispered, pecking my cheek before walking towards the restroom. One of the guards followed behind her.

"When are you going to settle down Lincoln?" Jairus, the Alpha of the Silver Moon Pack spoke up.
"When the right time comes." I spoke.

"It's the right time when you meet your mate, isn't it?" His mate asked.

I cleared my throat, "it is..."

"Lincoln hasn't found his mate yet, Anna." My mother said, quite loudly.

"Oh, I thought... never mind." Anna giggled before sipping some wine and continuing a chat with my mother.

Alpha Jairus and I spoke about the packs and their customs. A few minutes later Sarah, sat beside me with a smile plastered on her face. Her cheeks flushed and her red lips brighter than earlier. "Your perfume is rather strong love." I chuckled at her.

She shrugged, before giving Anna a fake smile, to which she returned a genuine kind smile. I couldn't help but laugh at Sarah's childishness.

Once dinner was over, our guests were ready to leave, Sarah walked away with Nina. Everyone bid each other farewell.

"I can't wait to start working together Lincoln. Thank you for accepting the proposal." Jairus shook my hands.
"Anytime. I look forward towards working with your pack." I walked Jairus and Anna out the door. Tyler and Matt following me.

"I really hope you wait for your mate Alpha. I'm sure it's gonna be worth it." Anna smiles at me.
I couldn't protest to what she said, I gave her a small smile and nodded.

Matt gasped. He probably thought I'd tell her I don't need a mate. Like I always did until recently.

"Did he... did he just agree? Gah! Thank goddess!" Matt whisper yelled to Tyler.
I turned around to see Tyler's smirk.
So mother wasn't the only one who disapproved of my girlfriend? What do they see, that I don't?