36. Disregard

30k reads, thank you so much!!
So much love for all of you... ❤️❤️❤️

Amelia Lovecraft

"Baby, I'm sorry." Lincoln whispered.

For the way he held my face I could feel his heartbeat below the palm. It was frantic. From his earlier bawl even I felt panic-stricken. I would have just jumped into Lincoln's arms if anyone else had made me feel this way. I may have needed the comfort of my mate. Sadly it was because of him that I felt so petrified, which was why I couldn't find solace in his touch now. Swallowing my sob. I just slipped through his hold and stepped out of the car without a glance at the man watching me.

The rest of the day went smoothly, with Luke outside the hospital. The whole time my head kept playing how Lincoln snapped at me. I knew he was a spine chilling werewolf that everyone feared, but not once had he shown me that side of him until this morning.

~~~~~

Lincoln Hunters

She was on the verge of tears. Almost to cry. As a little sob left her trembled lips, I felt broken. Kai howled in pain. It hurt to watch her cower away from me. She didn't even look at me. I kept punching the sand bag, bruising my bare knuckles.

I was furious that she never understood the point of my men watching her. She didn't know how paranoid I was about her being in danger. How every night I lost sleep just hoping that she'd be safe faraway from me. She didn't know what the rogue that was captured at the Forest Howl's Pack said before she died. Now that everyone knows she's my mate, it puts her in danger until I claim her and make her mine. I could only scoff at the idea. If she hated me before, she'd loathe my whole existence now.

After Sarah and Benjamin's doings, I see a huge threat to the pack. Probably a rogue attack by a group or a single lone wolf. You never know how those bastards work. All I'm doing right now is preparing my warriors for anything and everything.

"Lincoln!" My dad called out from the entrance of the gym. It didn't stop me from slamming my fists into the sand bag. I just kept going. "Easy Linc, relax..." he patted my back, trying to loosen up my tension. I pulled off my T-shirt that dripped in sweat.
"What is it?"
"Nothing, can't I come see my son?" He asked.
"Yeah of course you can dad. Rub it on my face of what a fucked up mate I am. And how she'll never pardon me." I laughed sourly at myself. "Just like how you and mum do it every single time you come to me."
"Linc it's not like that. Your mother and I were just disappointed about how you treated Amelia in the beginning." He sat on the bench. "And by the looks of it she's making you pay for it now." His last sentence held a slight tease to it.

I shook my head, resting on the same bench he sat on. "You look very pleased about it." I muttered.

"Make her feel loved Lincoln, mates can't resist the affection you shower them with. Show her you care. Just some advice from your old man." He genuinely smiled at me. I nodded at his words. Approaching her was tricky, there are days where she's soft as a flower and then days where she's like the thorn. So I needed to watch out.

"Alpha, the Luna finishes her shift in thirty minutes." Luke mind linked me.
Not waiting any longer, I stood up to have a shower.
"Linc, where are you going?" Dad questioned.
"To pick Mia." I answered striding out of the gym.

~~~~~

I sat in my car, waiting for Amelia to come out. Luke was parked beside me.

In a minute Mia stepped out of the building, with a pout and a scowl. Hugging her handbag to herself. Why does she have to be so fucking cute when she's trying to be mad at me?

"I can't go with him, can you take me home?" She whispered to Luke. Hoping I don't hear her.
"Sorry Miss, but he's waiting for you." He bowed before walking away from her. Leaving no space for her to argue. Mia, looked down the ground walking to the passenger seat of my car as I watched her every move. Everyone who walked past us, watched our little encounter too. Maybe that's why she didn't fight me or Luke.

I couldn't take my eyes off her all the while as she settled into the car.
"Did you eat anything?" I asked calmly.
She nodded her head and looked away. The damn silent treatment.

"How was your day?" I tried again, only earning a huff in reply. She didn't even turn my way.

"I said I was sorry Mia! You didn't understand the seriousness of the issue." I spoke a little louder. Still nothing. Fine, if she didn't want to talk to me or do anything with me, I might as well take her home as soon as possible. This was just frustrating.

I accelerated the car and drove through the streets.
"Why did you order Alex to not take me home? To kill me in a car crash?" She hollered.

"So now we're talking?" I gave her a quick glance, slowing my pace.

"You're so unfair!" She whispered.

"Stop fighting me Mia."

"I hate you!"

I brought the car to a halt, pulling her towards me. "Stop fucking lying to yourself. If I..." I looked down at her pink plump lips and then back to her doe hazel eyes. "If I kiss you now, would you hate it?" I asked her in a menacing tone. She swallowed, afraid that I might do as I said. Afraid that she wouldn't be able to fight me once I pressed my lips on hers. The closeness was tempting, but I didn't want to forcibly kiss her when she's mad at me.

"That's what I thought." I brushed my nose on hers. She didn't pout anymore, just leaned back in her seat, lost in deep thought.

"Probably thinking of ways to put an end to you. Should've just kissed." Kai babbled. My wolf loses his marbles when it comes to Mia.

~~~~~

Amelia Lovecraft

The ride after that was quiet. My heart kept thumping, he could've kissed me. But then again he didn't. Why would he? I was just a responsibility. Nearing my house, I peeped at my car's flat tire but now it was fixed.
"Thank you for fixing my car." I mumbled before stepping out the car and closing the door. I couldn't bring myself to look at him. Walking into the front porch, Lincoln still watched me until I closed the door. Then he revved up the engine and drove off.

Please show some love by clicking the star at the bottom of the screen. ❤️

 ❤️