48. Executed

The following chapter contains violence and disturbing events. Please DO NOT read if it makes you uncomfortable.

Amelia Lovecraft

Benjamin's Execution.

Lincoln with his men, Tyler and Matt along with the former Alpha and Luna stood at the rostrum of the arena. Crowds gathered all around. Although Lincoln wanted me up there beside him, I thought it wasn't the best time to do so. The first gathering that Lincoln and I had to be seen together should be for something gratifying and not an execution.

Benjamin stood on a large wooden deck, with the executioner beside him. A long lever beside the unknown man. It seemed like they had newly placed the deck just for this purpose. He stared at absolutely nothing, and void of any emotion. It was painful to think that they'll be ending his life today, and more excruciating for me to watch someone losing their existence.

The pack members who were present for the event, showed complete dislike to Benjamin. From another entrance, a group of guards brought in Sarah. Her hands and legs chained. She made eye contact with no one, except when one of guards tried to pull her further to the front, she gave her a deadly glare. I guess after all the punishments, some will never learn their lesson.

"According to our inspection in the past few weeks, Benjamin Cohen has been brought for execution for the murder of a rogue, also known to have been Sarah Cohen's mate. As the sister had disapproved of the rogue, without considering any other alternative, he had heartlessly killed another guiltless wolf. It's unjust." The crowds murmured.
"The werewolf council has granted The Blood Hunters pack to proceed with the execution." An old tall man wearing a jet black suit spoke.

Two guards brought Benjamin forward. He just stared at the ground. At this point my hands trembled, coming here was a bad idea. I held my dad's arm for support. Looking up at Lincoln, with his plain white shirt, sleeves rolled up to his elbows and black dress pants. He held a cold stare at Benjamin, I could read the pain and sadness behind it.

The guards placed a dark material over Benjamin's head. This was it. With in a second the rope was placed around his neck and I shut my eyes as the executioner held the lever.

Gasps of shock were heard. It was indeed over. I couldn't bring myself to look at the body, but I felt someone's eyes on me. The tears fell to my cheeks as I opened my eyes, and from afar Sarah stared at me, with anger. She was brought here for her brother's execution, but it looked like it didn't bother her at all. Her eyes were solely trained on me, not on her deceased brother, not on Lincoln. On me. Her wicked glare was purely towards me, I understand the part where Lincoln left her for me. But the punishments her brother or herself were undergoing weren't because of me. I wish someone could tell her that, since right now her eyes blamed me for everything that's happening to her. She looked miserable.

~~~~~

Lincoln Hunters

"Linc, we've found traces of him along the Canadian border..." Matt informed.
Finally it was all coming to an end.
"The scent is quite fresh." He explained further.
"Great, the warriors are alert. If his presence is spotted anywhere. I'll be going to see him in person." I said to Tyler and Matt.

It's been a long day, following the execution this morning. The werewolf council members were present, it's the first time my pack has conducted an execution and it definitely caught the attention of many other packs. Everyone's curious.