4.Her

Amelia Lovecraft

Staring at the bathroom mirror while brushing my teeth, I couldn't help but giggle at the state of my almost coal coloured hair which would be a perfect fit for a bird's nest. After I finished showering and styling my hair. I walked out of the bathroom with my towel wrapped around me to get dressed.

It's been more than a week that I've been training with the chief doctor here at the pack, Dr

It's been more than a week that I've been training with the chief doctor here at the pack, Dr. Alex Thornton. He's been amazing with helping me learn so much, the perfect mentor I could have asked for. Parking my car in the nearest spot to the hospital, I walked in greeting the guards and other colleagues. With Alex taking care of the older werewolves, I was appointed for the pups. They come to me with tear stained sad faces from bruises to broken bones. It was definitely a task to bring up a smile upon their innocent faces. As for what the nurses and other doctors told me, I have been doing a good job. Taming a child throwing a tantrum, obviously wasn't my strongest points but I still tried.

"Morning Mia!" Alex spoke up with a bright smile as I entered the chief doctor's office.
"Hey morning Alex.." I replied. Alex was a few years older than me but we became good friends on the first day itself. He began sitting with me even during lunch and also happened to bring me coffee on most days. I had learnt that Alex had lost his mate in a car accident just a month after they met. During certain topics you could still feel him mourning over his lost mate so I try my best to avoid the matter.
"It's going to be a busy morning I would say, I have twelve appointments before lunch." He huffed.
"Well with kids, I only have three but you never know when an emergency could happen." I shook my head. The pups had so much energy in them that they had to do all sorts of stunts for fun and sadly a few end up being badly injured.
Bringing me out of my thoughts, we heard a huge wail from the corridors and I knew what was going happen.
Alex raised his eyes from a report he was studying and I picked up the stethoscope in preparation to what's to come. The cry got louder and louder as a lady turned into the office with a kid not more than six years old, covered in mud from head to toe with a cut on his calf.
"Doctor my son fell off the tree and hurt his leg." The mother spoke worried.
"Okay, let me take a look at it." I began walking towards the boy when he let out a shrill scream, making me and the nurses wince.
"DON'T COME NEAR ME YOU GHOST!" He yelled again. What a way to start the morning eh? Heera whispered.
Alex chuckled as he left me alone. Giving a glance at his disappearing figure I turned to the kid.
"Mathew that's not how you talk to a doctor.." the mother said strictly.
"Ma, she's a ghost... lo... look she's wearing white.. take me home please." he pointed at my lab coat.
"Okay Mathew, I'm not a ghost." I simply took off my lab coat and placed it on the office chair. The kid stopped crying and watched my every move so carefully. I gave him a smile and walked behind the desk and pulled out a lollipop for him.
"Here you go big man, now would you come with me?" I offered him the candy, which he eyed suspiciously before looking at his mum for permission. As soon as she nodded he took it and looked up at me.
"Come!" I held out my hand and he placed his hand in mine. We walked into the kids ward as a nurse followed me.
The nurse swiftly picked up Mathew and laid him on the bed and began cleaning up the mud around his leg.
"He must be a handful.." I spoke to the mother as I wore my gloves on.
"Oh my..." she shook her head, not being able to put into words about how naughty her son could be. I let out a small laugh and turned towards Mathew. Inspecting the wound I noticed that it had to be stitched and covered up, which would heal in a couple weeks.
~~~~~