30. Desirability

Amelia Lovecraft

Wrapping things up at the hospital, I walked to my car. Strange enough there was a black Jeep at the back. Rubbing my suspicious thoughts aside, I began to drive. Only a second into the streets the Jeep followed my suit. A sense of alarm ran through me hoping the vehicle takes a turn. Through the rear view mirror, I noticed how the driver followed at my pace. The streets were quieten down, since it was already past six at night. Leaving only a few cars driving to and fro. I picked up some speed and drove towards my house. I parked the car and walked up to the entrance, just then the same Jeep drove passed my house. Was someone watching me? I felt like I was being followed.

Walking into the house I noticed how the lights weren't turned on. It meant my parents had left for the meeting. Turning on the lights and locking the door, I rushed to my room to freshen up and lay down after a long day.

I laid beneath the sheets of my bed, thinking about what was going on at the pack house. I felt a giddy feel knowing Lincoln being there, looking all handsome and sexy- Okay I have to stop thinking about him.

From afar a chorus of wolf howls were being heard. They were cheerful howls, probably after announcing their new Beta. I was happy for Tyler.

Burying my head into the pillow I welcomed a deep slumber.

~~~~~

Next day morning...

After getting ready for the day, I headed downstairs to ask my parents about the pack meeting. Sadly there was only a note stuck to the refrigerator.
"Pack training started early, see you tonight sweetie."

Mum and dad had already left for their pack training. So there was no one in the house. Grabbing a cup of coffee, I chugged it down, before leaving to the hospital.

As usual I made it to the office and I already had a visitor waiting for me. Lincoln. I was completely surprised by his presence. Maybe he's here for his arm, the one I fixed after the rogue attack. I walked in with my chin high.
He stood as soon as I stepped inside the room. He wore a dark burgundy shirt with black slacks. Probably paired with a black blazer to finish the look, but he wasn't wearing it now. His wrist watch peaked through his sleeve. Would have been better if he had rolled up his sleeves. Oh well!
"Here we go again..." Heera rolled her eyes at me. Thankfully, that made me stop checking him out.

"What do you want?" I sounded ruder than I intended to.
"I wanna talk to you." He replied tenderly.
"I'm busy right now." I shook my head and glanced at my watch.
"Alex has got your patients taken care of."
"What? You asked him to do that?"
"He offered, and I accepted." He simply shrugged. What is wrong with Alex?
"I have other things to do. Leave."
"Amelia. Just let me talk to you. Please hear me out. I thought you'd come last night." He walked near me. Soon my nostrils were filled spruce and mint.
"What is it?" I asked, hoping to cut the conversation short.

"I want you. I need you Mia. I know I've fucked up, but I want to make it right. I crave for you more anything in my whole life. Ever since I saw you, the day I laid my eyes on you I should have claimed you as mine. My mistake."

"You're very funny. I'm here for almost a month and you've just realized it now? Did it feel good to abandon your mate and go home to your lover every night?"

"Mia I was confused, I thought it was wrong to dump her as soon as I met you because-"

"Because that would hurt her feelings... right? Then what about mine Lincoln? In the beginning it was okay, I didn't want a mate who didn't want me. Simple as that. However now, I'm the unwanted mate of the Alpha. The whole pack assumes, while a few have confirmed. They look at me with pity."