38. Mine

I'm so sorry for the confusion earlier, I published this chapter by mistake, before I could even finish it.

Anyway hope you like it ❤️

Amelia Lovecraft

I turned around on my bed to lay on my opposite side and immediately hissed in pain. I let out a quiet cry before sitting up and gently grazing my fingers over the wound, which was now treated and covered up.

The door abruptly opened and Penny walked inside.
"Penny?" I questioned.
"Mia, I heard you cry. Alpha is on his way sweetheart." She rushed to the arched windows opening them. Wait! My room didn't have arched windows. Finally taking in my surrounding, I was laid on a four poster bed, tucked in with plush blankets and the comfiest pillows. A grand bedroom with the finest furniture. On my right with a double door and then a single door. Assuming to be the walk-in closet and washroom.

"Penny?" I coughed. "Is this the pack house?"
She came up to me with a glass of water, which I gladly took. "No Mia, it's Alpha Lincoln's mansion. You're in his room." She smiled.

His mansion? His room? Before I knew my feet were on the ground.
"Mia! I know what you're thinking." Penny held me.
"I don't wanna be on their bed." I looked at it in disgust.
"Calm down, he threw it all out as soon as he got rid of that woman. This is new." She chuckled. "Lie down."
"How long have I been sleeping for?" I glanced down at my spaghetti strap night gown. It was so lightweight, I hardly felt like I had anything on me.

"Almost a day." I looked out the window to see the sun setting already.
"Penny I need to call my parents, oh goddess!" I placed a hand on my chest. Mum and dad are going to be alarmed since I haven't returned home.
"They came to visit you this morning love, it's all taken care of. Just lie down now." I sighed in relief.

"I wanna freshen up, is there an extra toothbrush?"
"This way." She gently held my hand and walked to the washroom. On the vanity laid a new toothbrush. Quickly picking it up I brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth. I splashed some cold water on my face and winced when it touched the wound on my jaw.
I looked up at the mirror and the reflection it showed, pained me. I looked extremely pale almost lifeless. The scratch on my jaw wasn't opened, thanks to Kai I guess. My shoulder looked like it would take days to heal.

Thinking about what had happened last night, my eyes began to sting. "Mia." Penny comforted me by rubbing my back. I swallowed turning to her.

"Did you change me?" She nodded with a smile. I sighed.
"The Alpha wouldn't leave your side the whole time, he had to go to the office since Kayden's father was brought back for inquiry." A cold shiver ran down my spine at his name. "But he's on his way now."
I looked down at my gown to see that it wasn't completely opaque. Having no bra on was another disadvantage.