29. Shunned

Amelia Lovecraft

"Mia muffin! You might wanna wake up or you'll be late for work." Mum piped in through the door to my room.
"I'm up..." I stretched with groggy eyes. Pulling down my crop top, I lazily got up from my snug bed. Walking to the bathroom to finish up my morning routine before getting ready for work.

I walked to the closet to pull out an outfit when Lincoln's blazer caught my eye. There had to be a way to hand it over to him. My fingers began to trail over the material, without any forethought I lifted the sleeve to sniff it. A sigh of contentment left my chest at his scent.

"Yes and no one knows what happened to Benjamin...." I heard my dad speak to mum, while I entered the dining room. They were so engrossed in their conversation to notice my presence.
"Good morning family." I smiled.
"Morning Mia." They replied looking up at me.
"What's up?"
"Well, there's a meeting tonight." My father began.
"To which I won't be coming." I entwined my fingers on the table.
"I understand. It's your wish honey. So the meeting, it's to designate Tyler as the new Beta of the pack."
"What? What happened to Benjamin?" I was compelled to ask further.
Dad only shrugged.
Well what can I say, I was happy for Tyler. Benjamin always felt like an unapproachable person.

At the hospital...

"Yes! She works at the pack house with maids..."
"She deserves it though."
"I wonder if the Luna accepted the Alpha."
Several whispers were heard as soon as I stepped out of my car. Thank god for werewolf hearing, I could hear the nurses and receptionist gossip. Sucking in a breath, I walked into the entrance of the hospital. The murmurs died down and the ladies instantly stood up and bowed. What the actual- ugh!
"Morning Lu-"
"Good morning. It's Amelia or Dr. Lovecraft." I smiled with a nod and proceeded into the corridors.

I was absolutely clueless about what would happen to Lincoln and myself next, since he draped the blazer around me. A few knew we were mates but no one really publicly made a statement of it. When an Alpha usually finds his mate, there held a ceremony before they mated. It was to inform to the pack of their Luna. Even though the packs obeyed their Alphas, the Luna usually was like the mother for all in the territory. She cared for everyone. What did the moon goddess think when she put together myself with Lincoln, an Alpha? That too with him being a cold hearted one, leading the most potent pack. All I wanted was a simple life. And yet here I was in the midst of so much attention, known as the Alpha's unwanted mate. While he had his lover right beside him. What happened to the words he spoke to me. Is he really breaking up with Sarah? Why did Tyler take up the position as Beta? Where is Benjamin?

By the time I reached my work space, all these questions began to give me a headache.
"Hey! Are you okay?" Alex walked in with concern as he saw me frown, rubbing my head.
"I'm fine Alex, just a slight headache."
"You could go home and relax. I understand Mia." He held my hand, looking at me with sincere care.
"No." I shook my head. "I'm good." I grinned at him.
"Are you sleeping well?"
"Mhmm." I nodded.
"You know you could talk to me. I'm right here." He crossed his arms, waiting for me to say something.
"I don't know Alex, it's just a lot. You know. The whole mate thing was there, like I didn't wanna bother since he had Sarah. And then suddenly he does something so absurd in front of the whole pack that night." I sighed. "I don't get it Alex. I don't understand him."
Alex simply chuckled. "No one understands the Alpha. The man is too great to be calculated." I'm his mate for crying out loud. "But... when he threw his blazer on you. Damn! He proved his point. He made sure to let everyone know you were his."
"Yeah, let's not forget the part where he already has a lover..." I narrowed my eyes at him.
"Well, not anymore." He placed his hands in his pockets.
"Not anymore?"
"Yes, one of the nurse's mother works at the pack house and she said Sarah has been sent to work as a helper there." He informed. So Lincoln broke up with her as he said. Why did he have to make her work for the pack house? A part of me felt hurt for Sarah. Whatever she may be, she didn't deserve such treatment. Imagine being dumped by your boyfriend, and then being treated this way. I knew for sure the maids wouldn't be pleased with her and they'd probably give her a hard time. Lincoln was a heartless wolf after all. He used the girl and threw her out like trash.