50. Passion

The following chapter contains mature content.

Amelia Lovecraft

I felt like a butterfly waking up this morning, my body was energized and I was pretty much excited for the day. There wasn't anything special, but the thoughts of last night kept playing in my head. Walking into the bathroom I brushed my teeth. Blushing like a bride after her wedding night. Lincoln left some hickeys that looked very prominent around my collar bone.

Parting my hair in the centre, I styled it to cover my bruises before going downstairs. Luckily only mum stood by the counter. She squealed as soon as I entered. I covered my mouth to stop the giggle. She was rocking on her feet with her fingers intertwined pressed against her chest.

"Good morning mama." I laughed.
"Morning my baby! You look beautiful." She walked close to me. As usual she patted my hair, fixing any strand that stood out before placing all of it behind my shoulders. I playfully rolled my eyes at her, she still had to treat me as if I were a little girl.

She gasped. "Oh no the love bites." Goddess! How could I have forgotten?
Fixing my hair back to the way it was, I poured my coffee. Taking it to the dining table.

"The whole house smells of the Alpha." My dad muttered, entering into the kitchen.
"Get used to it David!" Mum replied quite loudly.

I simply sipped my coffee, with my nose inside a magazine. Was I reading it? No. I couldn't bring myself to see my dad now. He probably knew what exactly happened last night.

Last night was everything, I confessed to Lincoln about my feelings and he made me feel how much he loved me. It's only a couple hours, but I miss him. I can't want to see him already.

"Amelia!" Dad raised his voice.
"Yes!" I dropped the magazine, my eyes completely focused on him.
"This is the third time I'm calling you muffin." He sighed, rubbing his forehead.
I think I got a little carried away with my thoughts.
"I'm sorry dad, I was.."
"Thinking about him, of course." He cleared his throat. "I wanted to say, I'll drop you at work today."
"Lincoln's coming."
"I see." He nodded before looking out the window.

Staring at my father, I knew something was bothering him. He wasn't joking around, he barely even had a smile on his face. I reached out and held his hand. "What's wrong dada?" He glanced at mum, who was busy doing the dishes.
"You're giving Lincoln a chance now?"
"I am." I nodded.
"I know I should trust your decisions. You're a grown up, you're smart enough to decide for yourself." He looked concerned. "I hope he treats you right. It'll be unbearable to watch you go through another heartbreak."
"Lincoln has changed dad. He makes so happy." I spoke truthfully.

"I'm glad he is Mia. Reign (David's wolf) has been on the edge since last night. He knows Heera can be a little spunky and on the other hand Kai is... you know, he doesn't hesitate to draw blood out of anyone. The wolf is ruthless. She might have to be polite." Heera scoffed, dad had no idea how Kai and Lincoln have been to us lately. At the thought Heera proudly pranced around.
I shook my head laughing at him, if only you knew dad.

"Anyway we're happy if you're happy muffin." He squeezed my hand in return.

~~~~~

"I'll be there in thirty minutes." Lincoln informed through the phone, I had put him on speaker while looking through my closet.