55. Marked

The following chapter contains mature content.

Amelia Lovecraft

The sun was setting now, casting long shadows on the ground. Soon the crescent moon will shine. It's going to be a memorable night for Lincoln and I. After the disturbing vision I had, I couldn't waste anymore time. I had to be close to Lincoln, not wanting to let him out of my sight. It may have looked childish to others, since no one saw what I did.

We had arrived at his log cabin, inside the forests. It was a very cozy atmosphere, lit up by a beautiful fire place. Cathy had sent in the guards with food and all the other necessities we needed for our stay. They left as soon as we had arrived.

I was now wrapping myself in a bathrobe after a calming, warm shower. I was getting ready for the night. Lifting my hair in a twist, I looked at the spot above my collarbone along my shoulder, through the mirror. That's where Lincoln's mark would be. After tonight we're mates forever. We could finally sense each other's feelings, mind-link one another, get to experience our bond. The bond that we tried ignoring the first time. I sighed at the thoughts, "finally". I muttered to myself.

Smiling at myself, I was feeling nervous, excited and also a little frightened. An alpha's marking would usually appear bigger than the usual wolves. The bigger meant the more painful. As much as I knew Lincoln would try his best to be gentle on me, I wasn't so sure of Kai during the process. Heera kept chanting that we will be fine, for the hundredth time now.

Lincoln was currently in his study, mind- linking the guards asking them to tighten the security around the borders. Attending an important phone call from the Silver Moon Pack's Alpha. He was doing his usual duties, before calling it a day.

The door opened, revealing the man I've been thinking about. He was still in his shirt and jeans, that he wore to the elder's hut. I sat by the vanity, taking in his appearance through the mirror. Every step he took towards me was slow, his eyes held a wicked glint.

When my hands fell to my lap, I silently cursed at myself. My body underneath the robe only wore my lace undergarments. I wanted to dry my hair before wearing my nightdress. I guess it's too late.

"Hi baby." Lincoln held my shoulders, glancing at me through the mirror.
"Hi." I whispered back.

He knelt down behind me, his warm breath fanning the back of my neck. I froze in my seat, when Lincoln widen the collar of the robe with his hands. He sniffed my shoulder, trailing upwards until he kissed my neck. I gasped feeling like my heart rate was picking up. Under the robe I pressed my legs together. Just like that with one rousing kiss, Lincoln made me weak.

"As much as I wanna touch you right now, it's best if we eat something." His eyes solely focused on the white lace bralette peaking through the robe. "I'm afraid I can't stop myself once we've begun." He continued.
Adjusting my coverup, I turned to him.

"I'm not really hungry." I shook my head at him. He smirked. Oh goddess, did I sound desperate? I really wasn't feeling hungry. Wait a second, he said 'we'. "B- but you must be hungry. So yeah we should eat." I nodded, while his eyes still fixed on me. "Though I can't eat much." I just kept rambling like a kid trying to talk to her crush.

"I am." He swallowed.
"Great! Let's- ah!" I whimpered when Lincoln suddenly grabbed me, pulling me towards him. Holding on his arm, "what about food Lincoln?" I stopped his actions.
Our lips just centimetres away, "food can wait. I want you now." He pulled me in for a kiss, while his hands began to discard my robe. The silk was slipped off my shoulders, revealing my white lace. His eyes darkening while they took in my appearance. Making me blush before him.