10. Cursed

First of all... Apologies to my lovely readers, last week had been a bit of a rough couple of days for me. I had to have a break from a lot of things. I'm incredibly sorry for keep you waiting.

❤️❤️❤️

CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENCE!!
Please do not read if you can't tolerate violence or bloodshed.

Lincoln Hunters

The Forest Howl's pack was surrounded with mountains and all the way to the their pack we were greeted with the noises of burbling streams and waterfalls.

"Alpha Lincoln, it's a pleasure to see you again." Alpha Noah spoke as we entered their pack house.
"I'd do anything to help you out at this time, we as a pack owe you a great deal. If it wasn't for you we would have lost many innocent wolves to the sickening rogues." His face turned to disgust talking about the rogue attack.
I nodded, "I've brought my best warrior here, Tyler."
"Yes, I'll do the sniffing!" He looked at me with a smug smile. I hardened my jaw, now wasn't the time to joke around.
"Alright let's go to the oubliette..." Noah chuckled before leading the way.

Walking through the guards, who greeted me with respect. I recognized a few faces since we've worked together. The path was cleared as we walked through. The dungeon smelt of stale blood and rust. Most of the cells seemed empty, but as Noah drew us to the end of the unearthly corridor, the scent of the stomach churning rogues hit and Kai began to growl as his ears peaked up.
"Calm down wolfie."
I only got a growl in reply.

"The last rogue left Alpha. She's in bad shape right now since the guards have kept starving since killed and hurt a few females wolves of the pack." He left out a sigh. "Also killed a young. The bitch dies at dawn."
We stood by the gates of the cell and Tyler stiffened up for a second inhaling her and soon he loosened his shoulder and shook his head.
"Nowhere close Alpha."

I took a step closer to the cell bars to have a look at the vile creature. Her hair stiff with dried blood. Her wounded body covered in tattered and torn clothes. She chest heaving up and down with heavy breaths, as she turned towards us with a evil grin on her busted lip. There was no trace of pain or sadness in her eyes, only a twisted sick look she carried. At the state she was in, anyone would be howling in agony. She began crawling towards us with her hands and one leg, the other limb dragged along. So she had a broken leg and still managed to have a taunting smile on her face.
"Linc let's get outta here. She looks fucking sick!" Tyler spoke.
"Yeah she's been acting crazy after... her mate was killed in front of her eyes." We glanced at Noah as he spoke. "What do you expect Alpha? She killed many, including werewolves who were bearing pups. This rogue deserves more."

"If it isn't the big bad Alpha..." the rogue began with a hoarse voice. She coughed up some blood before continuing, "you killed all I loved. You fucking dog!" She screamed at me and turned to Noah. "Are you his bitch? Didn't have the backbone to deal with us alone huh? You spineless bitch and your fucking pack..." She snarled at him and made him growl in anger. I held his shoulder because she taunted him just to get a reaction out of him. The nerve of the creature even at the state she was in. Placing my hands in my pockets I remained calm showing no emotion of her words. "I'd like to chop that tongue off before the execution Alpha Noah." Tyler growled beside me. "One more word about my Alpha, and bitch I'll inflict pain on you that'll make you beg me to end your life instead." His eyes turned colour and his wolf was on the edge.
She remained quiet and suddenly spat on my shoe.

That was all it took. Tyler held the bars and pulled them open with all his might, his shirt was ripping on the seams on his shoulder. He was going to shift. He stepped into the cell and grabbed the filthy rogue and threw her on the ground, placing his boot on her skull, "apologize now!" He spoke in a deeper voice.

The scene in front of me only got sicker, when she still remained to laugh at us. At this point it took everything in me to stop myself from ending her useless life.

"I curse you Lincoln Hunters! I fucking curse you. May your mate die just like how my mate was killed. And you will watch helplessly, every second she suffers and screams for you. You. Will. Watch. Helplessly!"
"ENOUGH!" I roared. That hit the nerve. "Finish her." I walked away with Noah following me. In a second I heard her shrill scream. And that was it.

Noah guided me towards a stream and I ran my boot along the running water, washing away the filth.

Shaking hands with a few members of the pack I walked to the car and sat in the passenger seat resting my arm over my eyes. Tyler was gone to clean himself up.

"Fuck."

"Amelia."

I whispered to myself. Closing my eyes picturing her.
"May your mate die.." the words struck my head again. Shaking away the thoughts I thought of my mate.
"Amelia..." I whispered her name again somehow it soothed my pain.

"Wait! What did you say?" Tyler's words brought me out of my trance. Shit! He wasn't supposed to hear that. He wore a fresh shirt and his mouth hung open. "D- did you say Amelia? Amelia Lovecraft?! Oh my goddess!" He shook his head.

"Shut up and drive!" I rubbed my eyes and sighed.

"You've got to be kidding dude!" He punched my shoulder, throwing his biggest laugh on my face. He was a growling beast a while ago and now he's a five year old at the toy store.

"Matt wouldn't believe it!" He howled in happiness.
"Shut the fuck up, you're telling no one about what you heard. Now behave and start driving. We need to get back to the pack."

"Yes yes, let's find that Mini Cooper again, shall we?" He looked at me and then focused on the road. He wore a pathetic smile all throughout the drive.