58. Helpless

The chapter contains violence.

Lincoln Hunters

"Amelia!" I called out. There was a weird muffling noise, once she walked out of the washroom.
"AMELIA!" I shouted this time, impatient. Kai began prancing around.
"She's gonna die." A voice snickered, before the line died. The room began to vibrate when I growled out, Kai was beginning to come through.

"Alpha." Marcus, the Alpha of this pack rushed into the room. He was completely taken aback at my demeanour.
"I gotta go, Amelia is in trouble." I grabbed my phone, calling Luke on my way to the car. There was no fucking answer. I mind-linked Tyler about the situation, before tracing the route she had travelled.

"She's gonna die." The voice echoed through my head. Kane? Fucking bastard. What did he want Amelia for?

"She couldn't wait, she had to leave just like that." Kai kept bewailing about Mia.
"I swear, if he lays a finger on her." I slammed the steering wheel. My jaw clenched as my temper kept rising. I wanted to smash anything and everything on my way.

Dialling my pack guards this time, I asked the patrolling warriors to drive to Kane's place. There was only a thin chance, that he'll take her there.

"I wanna rip his throat out." My wolf was hungry for Kane's blood. If that's what he wants, it wouldn't be long before I give it to him.

I prayed to the goddess to keep my Mia safe. Hang in there baby, I'm coming to get you.

~~~~~~

Amelia Lovecraft

I felt someone pull my ring finger, specifically the ring I wore. Was I being robbed? What's going on, I couldn't see anything in the dark.

Something heavy gripped my ankle. I tried to lift it away, but it was of no use. Feeling my eyes shut closed, I wasn't able to open them.
"She's awake!" I heard a strained lady's voice, before more chains began to clank as they were dragged across the ground from me.

I was blindfolded. Kidnapped.

Absolutely helpless, I couldn't feel Heera. What was happening to me? Where the heck am I? Is Lincoln going to find me? I began struggling with my tied wrists and chained ankles.

"Hurry up!" The lady spoke again.
"Shut the fuck up before I strangle you first." A man's voice spat. With a thump, somebody was thrown to the ground.

My movements completely halted, as I tried to figure out what was happening. Footsteps got closer to me. "Who are you?" I gritted my teeth. The man might have stopped, a foot away from me. "Just a coward, to have me tied up and blindfolded huh?" I spat.

He growled, before I felt him remove the knot behind my head. The strip of material was off my eyes. I squinted and blinked my eyes several times before my blotchy sight, cleared up. I was laid on the ground of a wooden hut. Goddess knew where this guy had brought me.

"You see me now?" A lanky grubby looking guy stood above me.

"What do you want from me?" I bit out, anger and pain laced my voice. I had to be strong, but the fear that I lost my wolf began to bother me.