6.Hurt

Amelia Lovecraft

Three days had passed after I met my supposed to be mate. Hoping that everything will get back to normal I concentrated on my work and more time with the kids. No matter how much I put my thoughts away from him, the hurt and anger he had caused to me still remained.

However as Alpha he made his presence to the hospital the last two days to consult with Alex about a few renovations and accommodating a few members from the outside packs, who needed medical attention. Though I avoided being in front of his eyes, the smell of his scent soothed my aching heart for some reason.

Heera has completely ignored whatever happened on that day, and only made herself visible when I trained in the mornings with my dad. She was a skillful fighter, taught by my parents. Making no attempt at all to meet Lincoln's wolf, it's like she made up her mind to stay the hell away from him. To which I gladly agreed.

"Hey Mia.." Alex sat at the canteen in front of me. He looked cheerful as always.
"Hi Dr. Thornton." I faked a curt greeting, earning an eye roll from him.
"So what are you doing this weekend?" He asked tapping his foot.
"Hmm nothing.." I took a sip of my coffee. "Why?" I continued.
" Great how about dinner, Saturday night? I have a few friends coming with me too. You know you're so tied up with only work, so how about loosening up a little bit and meeting some new people around the pack?"
"I'd like that." I smiled, relieved that he wasn't taking me on a date or anything.
"So Saturday, at eight?"
"Fine with me, what's the place like?"
"It's a fine dining restaurant by the lakes. Fantastic view, you'll like it." He spoke.
"Nice, and what am I supposed to wear?" I rubbed my chin looking at him.
"Anything sweetheart, I bet you'll look gorgeous in anything." He chuckled. Sweetheart?
"Okay doc, I'll see you around." Sipping the last bit of coffee I walked out of the canteen.

That night...

I spoke to Serena to catch up on her life there. And it seemed like Connor and herself have begun their life together. She's hoping for kids in the future. No one had any idea about my mate, so I didn't want to tell her either. Promising me about coming here to see me in three weeks time, she hung up.

It was almost 8pm, which meant mum had dinner ready. After all these years, spending dinner time with my parents meant a lot. We laughed and joked around with delicious meals served by my mother. Sadly today wasn't one of those days, because my dad had arrived from the training grounds and he spoke about the young werewolves that he trained about and eventually began praising Alpha Lincoln. Swirling the wine in my glass I couldn't help but hear his acclamation about the insolent Alpha. He spoke highly of how Lincoln guided the younger werewolves and trained each and everyone of them, setting the perfect example of a manful Alpha. Only if my father knew.

Letting out a quiet sigh I sliced through my steak and enjoyed the meal for the rest of dinner time. I have to come in terms that he'll be my Alpha and I'll have to hear about him or even have to face him every now and then. There's no running away. This what the moon goddess had given me and so be it.

After a nice warm bubble bath, I wrapped myself in a cozy bath robe. Finishing up my night time routine. I put on my pyjama pants and a crop top and settled in bed. All the while thinking about the one person, I shouldn't be really absorbed about. Looking out the window I gazed at the moon, she glowed upon our land bringing the day to its end with ease.

 Looking out the window I gazed at the moon, she glowed upon our land bringing the day to its end with ease