57. Intractable

Amelia Lovecraft

According to my plan, I'll be leaving to the south by noon. Hopefully I'll be with Selena as soon as the little pup arrives. Turning off the shower, I recognized Lincoln's presence close. He's home. Wrapping up my damp hair in a towel and my body in another, I opened the door.

"Hey Alpha!" I grinned. While he scrutinized my semi packed bag with his hands in his pockets. Still wearing his work attire and a deep scowl on his face. He was always in those moods after a meeting with packs or business related. Sighing, I walked closer to him, snuggling between his arms.

"What's all the packing for? I got enough clothes for you at the pack house. Didn't I?" Lincoln spoke resting above my head.

"I'm going to see Selena." I stated, pulling away from the hug. "I'll be back in two days Lincoln."

Unwrapping my hair, I began drying it. There was no response, so I turned around to look at him. "You better be kidding." His expressions hard as he spoke.

He read my confusion, and continued, "there's no way you're leaving the pack." Lincoln said, like it was the end of the conversation.

"Huh? I don't understand." I threw the towel on the bed, glaring at him.

"It's dangerous out there. You're not leaving the pack without me. I have to go to one of-"

"And why is that?" I raised my voice. "I'm going to the south Lincoln."

"Amelia it's not safe, going out of the pack borders alone. Give me three days, I'll come with you to see your friend."

"Three days is a long time." I walked to the washroom with a change of clothes, to put on. Lincoln slouched on the edge of the bed.

"There's been a rogue attack at the Silver Moon Pack Mia. I have to go, most of the top warriors are also coming with me."

"Is everyone alright?" I walked up to him.

"Yes, but the guards have been injured, very badly." I winced at the thought. "No one died."

"Want me to come with you?" I held his shoulder.

"No, I can take care of it. Stay with in the packs till I'm back." He pulled me between his legs.

"It's gonna be fine Lincoln. I was thinking, I'd take Luke with me."

"Give me a day baby, I'll take you there tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" I raised my brows. He just said he needed three days.

"Fine, the day after tomorrow. I'll try my best to come back by tomorrow."

"Let Luke take me there today, once you're done with the Silver Moon Pack, come see me there." I smiled. Lincoln began contemplating over the idea. "I can take care of myself baby." I cooed.

He scoffed, "yeah. Remember what happened with Kayden?" He clenched his jaw.

I pushed myself off him, it was a low blow. Why did he have to bring that up?

"Oh fuck!" He rubbed his face, knowing his words upset me. "Come here." He tried to grab me, but I stepped back. "Mia. Come here." He held his palm out for me to take. I crossed my arms over my chest, glaring at him.