28. Slay

Yayyy for another update!!!
Surprise surprise ❤️
I did this cause' I love you guys so much!!

Lincoln Hunters

"You killed my mate so that I could be with Lincoln! What do I do now?" Sarah's words echoed in my head for a moment. When the hell did that happen? How many more secrets does she hide?

"Sarah! You're going crazy... let me take you home." Benjamin spoke to her.

"No! Home? Home is where I live with Lincoln." Sarah threw a paperweight that was on the coffee table. It shattered at his feet. The noise alarmed Tyler, he instantly walked in with Matt on his tail.

"What do you mean Benjamin killed your mate?" I asked her. I swear if he had laid hands on any pack member, he wouldn't live to see another day. As far as what I knew no one had gone missing.

She looked extremely furious, it was directed to Benjamin more than it was towards me. "I met him on the Canadian borders during our trainings there. Dean lived in the human territory. In a small town with his brother." Dean? Probably her mate's name.

Training in the borders? So the whole relationship with me was fake and a lie. What did they want from me?

"I first met him when we were seeing each other. Remember, when we used to hangout in the town after our runs?" Her face only held anger and no sorrow for her lost mate.

"Dean was a rogue. When I first met him, the bond drew me to him but as I learnt more about him, he was nothing. He was nothing like you. It was during that time when you and I got really close, I couldn't possibly ruin what we had. I told Ben about Dean and he promised me that he'll help me out with the rejection and then I could be with you. So the following night, I called Dean to the midst of the forest, while I was accompanied by Benjamin." She looked at Benjamin, who now looked beyond tensed. All our eyes watched Benjamin and Sarah's every move. "I told him that I didn't want him, and he was so enraged by the idea that he kept forcing me to go with him. To make me live with him in that small town, in his little beat up house." She spoke with disgust. "That's when Hawk (Benjamin's wolf) took over and finished him." She swallowed, "it didn't hurt Lincoln, not one bit, because back at the borders, you were there for me. You are all I wanted." She smiled like a sadist. Watching your mate being killed is close to feeling your own death. Nonetheless the woman before me, stood with no effect of it. It probably hurt her but she wanted something more than what Dean could offer, so she got over the pain. With the help of her brother of course.

"You fucking cheated on me dammit! Not once not twice, but countless times." I gritted my teeth.

I looked at Benjamin, he gave his sister a death glare to make her stop talking.
"What are you gonna do about it Linc? How are you gonna get rid of the doctor?"
Did he mean he wanted to do same thing to Mia, just like what had done to Sarah's mate? Kai growled on the inside, it was a challenge to hold him. I paced the office back and forth, "you fucking bastard, is that what you meant by getting rid of Amelia?" Before I knew it my fist landed on his jaw. My hand held on to his collar, slamming my clenched hand into his face. The crack of his nasal bone was heard.

"Lincoln stop!" Matt held me back.
"Take him to a cell now! I'd love to get rid of him at the thought of him trying to do something her. You think you could lay a fucking finger on her?" My canines grew, my fist balled to knock his face again.
"We'll take care of it. You need to calm down. We have a lot to fix. Just calm down." He kept repeating these words till I was brought to the other corner of the room.

Tyler stood in the middle, assessing Benjamin's blood dripping face. Kai was ready to fight Hawk if he shifted but there was no sign of him. "I only wanted to see my sister live a happy life. She wouldn't be fortunate with a rogue. So I ended him. At the beginning you were mate less back then, that's when I knew Sarah would be the kind of girl to interest you. So I brought her to the borders. Nothing else was planned Lincoln. I didn't even know this darn girl would cheat on you." Benjamin shook his head in defeat. He made it sound like killing a wolf just because he was his sister's mate wasn't a big deal. The brother and sister who stood in front of me, were the most shameful creatures I've ever come across.

"Planned? You asked your sister to seduce the Alpha? You're one fucked up family." Tyler spat.

"You!" I pointed at Sarah, the witch of a woman, whom I was a fool to believe. "I'm stripping you off everything you own. From this minute onwards you work as a maid at the pack house." She didn't respond. It was also payback for the torture she did to the poor girls. They'll know what to do with her for now. I wouldn't want Sarah staying in the pack for long. She might appear as a threat to Amelia.

Tyler called out for Penny, the maid. She hurried in and escorted a sobbing Sarah away.

"As for Benjamin, take him to the dungeons. I'll decide what I'm to do with him. Killing an innocent wolf is not acceptable." Tyler walked him out.

I glanced down at my bloodied knuckles.

"Call for a pack meeting tomorrow night. Tyler will be chosen as the new Beta of the pack. And make sure the borders are heavily guarded during the meeting." Matt nodded and in an instant mind linked the guards and warriors. He heaved a huge breath, smiling at me.

There was anger seeping through me and his smile just set me off, "what the fuck are you smiling about?" I snapped.

"I was waiting for this day Alpha. Finally." He spoke.

"Miss. Cohen's belonging are to be packed and- fuck it, throw her belongings out of the house. I want nothing of hers in that mansion, when I'm back." I mind linked the guard at the mansion.

"Matt if you don't wipe that smile off your face now, I won't hesitate to do it." My mind had a mixture of thoughts. Most of it being about Amelia.

"Just so you know, we've solved only a portion of the problem." He still had the balls to smirk at me.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you have got Sarah out of the picture. Now how do we convince our little Luna? She seems like she hates your guts." He asked curiously.

"I wish I knew, man." I rubbed my face.

"It won't be easy, that's for sure." He sighed.

Just when I was relieved from Sarah and Benjamin, there was a major worry in me. Amelia. She wouldn't just come to me like that. She fights the mate bond, like Matt said she hates anything that has to do with me.

Tyler walked in, "Benjamin has been put into the cell. What's next?" He crossed his arms.

"What's next? Win the Luna's heart." Matt raised his arms in the air as if he won a game.

"Go Lincoln go! Go Lincoln go!" Tyler chanted quietly along with Matt. They really loved to tease me of my misery. A groan left my mouth, I was slapped and then smashed on the head by a lampshade. I wonder what she'd use the next time.

What do you think about what happened to Sarah and Benjamin? 🤔

Stay safe ❤️❤️❤️