25. Unscathed

Happy Saturday my lovely people!!
Hope you're all staying safe... 💕
Take care & be happy!!

Amelia Lovecraft

BANG!

"Fuck!" A familiar growl emerged from the figure, I had struck on the head with the lamp shade.
"Eeek!" I jumped away from him.
"Alpha!" The nurses trembled, dropping the objects they held and instantly bowing down.

Oh goddess, he was here! A sudden urge in me wanted to just hug him so tight and let him know, I was glad he was alright.

"Could have hit him harder maybe?" Heera's ears peaked up.

"Argh! Can't you sense your own mate?" He growled, eyes shut rubbing his forehead. Exactly where I hit him. I bet if it was anyone else, they would have been splayed on the floor now by the force I struck them with.

"I thought..." I honestly didn't think he'll appear here, just like that. Especially not from the back of the play area. I couldn't sense his presence since I was already covered in it. "What are you doing here?" I questioned.

He looked at me like I had asked him the most atrocious thing. "Are you okay?" He looked down at me. "Did Eric bring you here?" I simply nodded.

One of the nurses brought him an ice pack and in an instant disappeared from our sight.

Finally my heartbeat calmed, glad it wasn't a rogue or anything of that kind. It was only him. I studied his appearance, his hair was a complete mess, there were stains of dirt on his cheek. His once crisp white shirt, was now spattered with blood and mud. He looked like a mess.

His arm had a gash on it. It was a fresh wound, that needed medical help, or once he healed by himself, the scar would be very visible. I looked up to his eyes, he seemed like he had zoned out, mind linking someone perhaps.

"Are you done here?" He looked around the ward of little pups fast asleep. "Let's get you back. Your dad just took your mother home."

A sense of relief washed over me to know that my dad had got home safely. Lincoln stood there impatiently. "Mia, lets go. I gotta drop you off and head to the pack house."

"Before that... sit down." I gestured him to sit on a vacant bed. Wait! Did he call me Mia? Ugh, you stupid butterflies. "I need to suture his wound, please hand me the supplies." The nurse hurried. I pulled my hair up and tied it into a messy bun.

I turned to him to see him looking at me, but there wasn't any tension. Without protesting he walked to the bed and sat down. "I'll have to clean this up, stay still." I warned him. There was slight amusement in his eyes as he watched my every move. More over, he looked tired as hell.

I carefully held his injured hand, the sparks just flew. It reminded me of the effects of the mate bond. Taking a deep breath, I focused on what had to be done, ignoring his stare.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked staring right at my face. I was thankful I had my focus on his arm. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion still not looking at him. "About what I did at the pack house. It was my first instinct to know you'll be safe, when I left. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have..."
Why was he apologizing? Wasn't he prepared for the pack to know I was his mate, he meant he threw his blazer on me since it was some sort of reflex. Well he acted upon it because of the mate bond.