61. You and I (The Final Chapter)

Amelia's Luna ceremony...

Amelia Lovecraft

"Today's the day! Yep it's happening!" Heera kept trotting around.

Today's the day as she said. The full moon was present. The elders would announce the Luna of the Blood Hunters Pack. Me. While I was feeling a little anxious, Heera has been feeling ecstatic. So right now, I sat in front of my vanity having mixed emotions.

I wore my dress for the big day. It was an off white alencon lace, V neck backless dress. The only jewellery I wore were the ring, Lincoln had given me and a pair of diamond studs. It would be easier to shift after the ceremony. Looking at myself in the mirror I only hoped he was going to like it. He better love it. It took me days to pick out this dress.

"I hope he takes the time to admire the dress for once." Heera scoffed, "rather than just stripping you out of it at first sight. Just like he always does."

"Hush now." I bit my lip. Whatever Lincoln and I did in private, still made me turn red. Heera didn't have to bring it up now.

"Ow!" I hissed when the back of the make up brush, hit my lips. I frowned at Amaya, whose been helping me with the make up.

"Are you mind linking with the Alpha?" She scrutinized me. I hadn't been able to talk to him since last night. The girls brought me to my house, while Lincoln was at the pack house. Mum and Cathy laid strict rules, that we weren't supposed to communicate with one another till we stood facing each other at the enthroning ceremony.

"What? No!" I answered in all honesty.

"Then why you blushing like a ripe tomato?" She pinched my cheeks. Lily and Tania, snickered from the back.

~~~~~

It was a calm, pleasant night. The full moon decorating the sky, while the stars twinkled like tiny jewels.

Many packs from across the country had been invited, the Alphas, and their Lunas. The higher officials and many other foremost guests were present tonight.

All their eyes on me as they watched me make my way to Lincoln, who stood above the revered rock in the midst of the open fields. The lights and candles lit my path.

The little pups, Enzo and Ezekiel led the way. Wearing the biggest grins.

I followed with my parents on both my sides. There was a proud smile on Lincoln's lips as he took in my appearance. He wore a black suit, with a white shirt, the two top buttons undone. My mark on him, most noticeable. The once brooding and mighty Alpha, looked genuinely happy and content. And perfectly hot and handsome. All mine mine mine.

His shoulders shook as his smile broke into a grin. He knew what I was thinking. Of course! The mate bond...

I bit my lip, looking down to compose myself from feeling embarrassed. Dad gave me a gentle squeeze. We neared the rock when mum kissed me on the cheek and my father helped me up.

"Your bride Affa Vincoln." Enzo shouted, earning a wink from Lincoln as they ran to their mother.

Lincoln stepped up, taking me away from my dad. He kissed my knuckles, before letting go. He stood at a distance, watching me while the elders came close.