18. Stay away

Three days later...

Amelia Lovecraft

The days went on as usual, him showing up at the pack hospital, every other day. For god knows what. His presence though terrified the children, the children's wards that resonated with squeals and giggles becomes drop dead silent when he's around. Sometimes the little pups make so much noise that it makes it hard for us to concentrate on other things. A few of them have been hospitalized for a couple of days for recovery. They seem to be the noisiest since they're stuck in one place. How I wish the Alpha could sit outside the wards so the pups would behave.

"Yeah, you'll surely like that, won't you?" Heera mocked.
"Ugh can't I make one pathetic joke!"
"You and I, both know it wasn't a joke." She replied.

Rolling my eyes at her, I carried on with my work.
"Mia!" I heard little Maddison shout as I walked into the room. As if on cue, every little one in the room began jumping up and down to grab my attention.
"I finished my breakfast on time!" Maddison spoke.
"Mark pulled my teddy last night.." Sandy pouted.
"There's my girlfriend." George yelled.

After attending to all my patients, I made my way to have lunch with Alex. As usual we exchanged a few stories that made each other laugh.

"Amaya and Jason are going clubbing tonight, and they've invited me, would you like to come?" Alex asked.
"I'd love to.." I smiled at him, I loved being friends with Amaya and Lilly recently. They're the girls who knew all the gossip about the pack and were great fun to hangout with.

Striding onto my workroom, I noticed a blonde already seated at the patient's seat.
"Yes?" I asked as I walked closer.
"Amelia Lovecraft?" She asked as she crossed her leg over the other. She wore a nude body-con dress that stopped above her mid thigh. Her blood red lips contrasting to her hair. She looked absolutely stunning, as if she stepped out of a magazine. She took her sunglasses off... Sarah Cohen. My body straightened up at her being present here in front of me.

Her blue eyes ran over my figure from head to toe. My hair, my black dress to my pumps she scrutinized my appearance before her face turned into disgust.

It took me a minute to realize it and as soon as I knew she tried to belittle me, a scoff left my lips as I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow at her. If she can act like a bitch then I can be worse. "How can I help you?"

"I knew something was up the first time I saw you here. The little daze you and Lincoln got stuck in. Remember?" She smirked.

I bit my lip. I needed to know why she was here.

"A word spread saying that Lincoln came to see you at the railway station that night. Is it true Amelia?" She stood up.

I smiled at her, her question seemed smooth but behind it was a lot of hidden desperation. "I don't know what you're talking about... Did Lincoln come to see me?" I pretended I think a little. "Maybe you should ask him about it. Don't you think?" I shrugged and took my seat.

"Listen here, you're speaking to the future Luna. I demand respect." She slammed the desk. Oh not so pretty and elegant now, are we?

I let out a breath, "pardon me, I thought I replied quite respectfully. Future. Luna." I emphasized the last two words.

"Let me remind you one thing Amelia, he's mine! I claimed him before you did and it stays that way. You understand?" She gritted her teeth, her face turning red as a tomato.