56. Luna

Amelia Lovecraft

Waking up to an empty bed wasn't what I was expecting this morning. After continuously making love all night, I expected Lincoln to still be asleep with me since we hardly had any last night.

My fingers grazed over the mark, giving me tingles and sparks. It was a sensitive spot. I got off the bed, picking up the robe that laid on the floor. Wrapping it around myself, I could still get a whiff of Lincoln's scent. Which meant he was here, probably in his study. I walked to the washroom, to finish up my morning routine. I freshened up before picking out a pastel pink summer maxi. It's spaghetti straps, displayed my mark. Glancing at myself in the mirror, one last time I walked out the room. Lincoln was no where to be found.

"Baby, come outside." Lincoln mind-linked me. I stilled at the unexpected action, making me stop in my tracks.
It took me a second before I mind-linked him back with an 'okay'.

Lifting my dressing with one hand, I walked down the stairs to the bottom floor. A trail of baby pink rose petals guided me out to the patio. Lincoln stood beside a beautifully arranged breakfast table. He most likely must have gotten someone to make the arrangements. From my favourite white lilies to freshly baked bread and so many other things, the table was looking pleasing. But what caught my attention was him, dressed in a dark blue linen shirt and casual pants. Lincoln seemed like he had showered and gotten ready while I was asleep. His eyes crinkled while he smiled at me. Looking at the mark and back to my face. Even my mark on his shoulder peaked through his collar.

I ran up to him, and kissed him good morning.

"Who made this? It's so beautiful." I looked at the table.

"Wouldn't you believe my word if I said it was me?" He kissed my mark. I closed my eyes enjoying the sensation. Opening them again after a second.

"This." I pointed to the table. "Would've taken the whole night to be prepared." I wasn't exaggerating, it had bread, buns, muffins and much more. "You were clearly busy doing other things Alpha." I gave him a pointed look.

"You're right Luna. I was busy marking you mine, inch by inch." I hummed at the same time Lincoln left butterfly kisses on my shoulder and back.

I was now seated at the table, while Lincoln headed into the cabin to get something. He entered the patio, in a few minutes. Kneeling on one knee in front of me. I raised my eyebrows at his gesture, whilst his eyes looked at me with so much love. Was he going to kiss me. Rubbing his stubble, I waited till he spoke.

"Amelia Lovecraft." Lincoln said holding both my hands in his. "My love, my heaven on earth, my everything." His eyes glistened, "thank you for giving me this second chance, and I'll prove my love for you till the end of time." I nodded at his words. "You're forever mine. Now, would you accept to be the Luna of my pack and my people?" He asked hopefully. Brushing away my tears, I smiled at him. Why was this even a question to ask? Lincoln should've already known.

"Yes. With you by my side, I will." He sighed in relief as I kissed my mark on his shoulder. Pulling out a velvet box from his back pocket, Lincoln opened it. It revealed a ring, a red ruby, crowned by diamonds all around. It shone immaculately under the sun. Lincoln explained that the Luna of the pack always wore a pigeon blood red ruby because she belonged to the Blood Hunters Pack. The ring fit me like a glove. Just perfect. If I hadn't looked closely I might missed the wetness on the corner of his eyes. I pulled my mate for a long smooch before letting go.