20. Torment

Lincoln Hunters

"I'll be back before the fair babe, trust me. It's Samantha's birthday, the girls are going to Vegas for a few nights." Sarah zipped up her bags.

She turned towards me, "honey you look like you miss me already." She laughed at me. I went into the room to have a word with her but unfortunately she had other plans.

She held my neck pulling me in for a kiss. "Sarah not now. We have to talk."
She looked at me curiously, before masking it with a smile.
"Linc, I need to hurry. The girls are waiting for me at the Nightingale's Cafe. From there we leave to the airport together."

I crossed my hands, laid back on the wall contemplating if I can wait till next week to tell her that it won't work out between us. One thing for sure, she won't take the news lightly.
"Could you drive me there?"
"Sure!"
With that we left.

Stopping in front of the cafe I noticed it was beside the Lovecraft's library. Sarah stumbled out with a heavy bag. "Wait, let me help you with the other bags." I said as I stepped out and pulled the two baggage's from the backseat. Each would have weighed a ton. Damn. I placed them close to where she stood. "You good?" I asked her as she looked around.

"Y-yes... they're inside. Bye babe!" The next second her lips were on mine. She clung on to my neck planting a lustful kiss. I didn't respond, gently lifting myself up, she removed her lips from me. "Good bye!" I walked to the driver's seat while Sarah walked in to the cafe of girls cheering on her little stunt a while ago.

Unlocking the car, I glanced at the library only for my heart to drop. Amelia stood at the entrance with her father. Her eyebrows furrowed and her fist tightened around the handle of her handbag. She was dressed formally which meant she's leaving to work. David of course shifted his eyes between his daughter and me. Probably trying to figure out our silent stare. When I glanced at him, he gave me a curt nod before gesturing his daughter to follow him to his truck.

Holding onto my car door I stared at her until she got on the vehicle and drove off.

~~~~~

Amelia Lovecraft

I watched through the library windows as Lincoln's car parked at the Nightingale's Cafe. He stepped out in just a pair of grey sweatpants and a black v neck T-shirt. And still looking so damn-

Wait, on the other side was Sarah. They spoke a few words, before kissing each other.

It's not my business. I need to look away but I couldn't. She played with his hair while kissing him deeply.

"Mia muffin, let's go!" Dad called out.
"Okay!" Since my car needed an oil change, dad offered to drop me at the hospital, but we stopped by the library so that he could open it up and leave one of the girls who worked here in charge.

When I stepped out of the door, Our eyes connected. It's strange that as days passed, I built up hatred towards him and along with that came an immense amount of pain. He's given me many ways to despise him more. And today's episode, an added reason. Of course I've seen them together, but it was the first time I saw him kiss her. My throat felt dry. I followed my father to the truck, feeling his gaze on me through out. I sat on the passenger seat, and looked up but not at him this time. My eyes darted to the woman seated inside the cafe, she wore a triumphant smirk on her lips, her eyes completely trained on me.