8.Eyes

Luna Catherine bit her lip, from forming further words while I began to meddle with my watch as if it was the most fascinating thing ever.

"So this was what you had planned for huh?" Lincoln let out a dry chuckle. There's something about his voice that stirred unwanted emotions in me. Two things didn't make me want to look up. First, it was something between his mum and him. I needn't hear about it.

Second, I didn't want to look into his eyes. I'll lose myself, all because of the brainless mate bond.

"Linc, I was just asking her. I can't live like this!" His mother exclaimed. "This is punishment..." she crossed her arms to protest.

"Punishment?" He scoffed.
"Dr. Lovecraft will be doing the same as Dr. Thornton. She'll report to me about you as soon as the checkups are done."

Through out the whole session he stood by watching us like a hawk. Shouldn't he be busy doing Alpha duties, whatever they may be. I felt disoriented, but still managed to get the job done. I began doing everything mechanically rather than having to talk through procedures to the Luna. I felt bad but I had no choice. And plus she wasn't in the best moods either, since her son caught her in the act.

"You're doing well Luna."
"Catherine!" She interrupted me. To which I nodded with a smile.
"Please take your medications on time and never skip meals." I spoke as she smiled at me.
"And... a small little treat one in a while can be allowed." My last sentence made her face glow so much, it felt priceless.

The Alpha cleared his throat as he walked towards me, leaving a few feet gap. My gaze met with his scrutinizing eyes, that was directed to me. I guess he thought I played along with his mother.

"If you don't believe me, you could ask Alex or anyone to check her. I'm sure they'll say the same." I looked away. It was my first time speaking to him.

The feelings I had for him were so strong, it hurt. The pull was too powerful, I could feel it when he's just inches away from me.

"I believe you." He spoke without a second thought. I glanced at him once more, his posture was relaxed and calm. No more the examining look but there was something more. I could feel even Heera was taken a back by his eyes. I sensed a kind of longing? Pain?

Or maybe I'm going crazy.

"Well! That was great news." The Luna cheered for herself standing up. Thankfully interrupting our stares at each other.

"Would you like to stay for lunch darling?"
"No thank you! I really need to head back to the hospital." I replied to Catherine.
"I see..." she looked between Lincoln and myself, "Linc, drop her on your way son."
He straightened himself as if agreeing to his mother's command. There's no way I'll ever be alone with him.

"There'll be no need for that really, I drove here." I quickly grabbed my belongings and bid farewell to the lovely lady.
Turning to him, giving him a curt nod, I walked out.
"Like a fucking boss!" Heera purred.
"What are you talking about?" I asked.
"You didn't let him see you as a weakling." She spoke with pride.

Lincoln Hunters

"She's blocking me out completely." Kai kept growling all throughout mother's check up,
"She isn't even trying to communicate with me." I snapped back at him in my head.

She seemed completely carefree about the bond. The nights after I met her has been terrible. It hurt like a fucking bitch when you're ignored by your own mate. My very own mate.

As soon as she entered the pack house, I didn't know how my feet carried me towards her. Thankfully that also made me find out what my mother had been up to as well. All throughout my conversation with mum, my mate sat there on the edge of the bed with her left leg crossed over her right, fiddling with her watch with no care about my presence. She was elegant, silent and looked very enlightened. Her silence spoke words to me. She neglected me, she already hates me. The thought clenched my heart.
"You brought this upon yourself." Kai prodded.