31. The fair

Amelia Lovecraft

Our former Alpha Elijah and Luna Catherine had organized a fair on the training grounds that could easily fit in thousands of people. Today was the day of the fair and I promised to go with Amaya, Lily and Tania. Since their mates were on duty. Well, so was mine. I scoffed at my ridiculous thoughts.

The girls had planned to wear casual dresses, so I settled for a spaghetti strap dress, pairing it with a cardigan and some comfy sneakers. Leaving my hair in it's natural raven waves.

  HONK!A loud horn was heard and I assumed it was Lily since she promised to drive us all there

HONK!
A loud horn was heard and I assumed it was Lily since she promised to drive us all there.
"Bye mama!" I waved to mum before walking out.

"Hey Loons!" Amaya grinned at me from the back seat while Lily and Tania sat in the front.
"Huh?" I asked, opening the door and sitting beside her.
She grabbed me for a quick hug, Lily and Tania looked at me with mischievous grins.
"What is wrong with you girls?" I raised my eyebrows at them.
"Don't you like the new name?" Tania giggled.
"Loons? Are you calling me stupid?" I inquired.
Amaya let out a boisterous laugh. "Of course not! It's gonna be so weird calling you Luna so, we had to come up with a short, cute, pet name you know."
"Oh god no! Amaya..." I laid my head on the headrest. Shaking my head side to side as the three couldn't stop snickering at me.
"Just leave her alone, let the poor girl have some fun today." Lily winked my way through the rear view mirror.
The ride went on with girls making fun of me and myself trying to poke them back. I was glad they knew going too much in detail with the matter would spoil my mood so they kept it light. It felt nice to finally loosen up with some friends after days of hectic work and Alpha drama.

 It felt nice to finally loosen up with some friends after days of hectic work and Alpha drama

Arriving at the fair took my breath away, the last time I had been to a fair was with Selena. The set up at the training grounds looked grand and well prepared for the people to have absolute fun. It's was already packed with excited and happy pack members and few wolves from other packs.

"Ice cream!" Lily squealed, pulling us to the ice cream stall. As we stood in line, the people glanced back at us, before moving out of way so that we could order right away.
"The perks of being a Luna?" Amaya whispered in my ears. It felt extremely awkward. Giving everyone a small smile, I stood there feeling uncomfortable. As soon as Lily received the ice creams, we left with me mumbling 'thank you' to all who gave us way.