51. Adore

Amelia Lovecraft

"Alex, look at me like that one more time and the pack's chief doctor would have a black eye tomorrow." The laugh in the end, killed my dead serious threat and glare.
"Oh that's me." Alex laughed along with me, his hands up in fake surrender.

The welcome to the hospital this morning had been flabbergasting. The grins and smiles were just thrown my way, almost everyone I walked past had their eyes on me.

"Chin up sweetie!" Heera commanded.

I walked into my office only to be greeted by Alex. The silly chief doctor whose been giving me that 'I know what you did' look my way for the hundredth time.

"Oh. My. God!" I jumped when I heard a familiar voice and loud laughter. Amaya, Lily and Tania. What on earth are these girls doing here? Each one of them holding helium balloons and a bunch of flowers. I had already grabbed enough attention and now these three had made quite an entrance. Lily carried the biggest balloon before popping it over my head. Confetti! The room was covered in rose gold confetti.

"Hi, you guys?" I greeted them with hugs, giving them questioning looks.
"Here you go Mia." Tania handed me a bag, filled bath bombs, body lotion and so many other pampering essentials.
"What's going on?" I looked at them again.
"Look at her all glowing up after the Alpha has claimed her. Finally Mia." Amaya said.
"So happy for you darling." Lily smiled.
My jaw dropped, as I stared at these three looking at me with goofy grins.
"How?" I managed to squeak out. Trying to ask them how they found out.

"How? What?" Lily asked.
"Oh about how we found out?" Tania spoke up. "From everyone at the hospital of course!" She shrugged.
"The news is just spreading like wildfire Mia." Amaya popped a champagne bottle. "Luna Catherine and Penny are cooking up a feast tonight." She handed sparkly champagne glasses to the girls.

"I shouldn't be drinking now Amaya." Lily gladly accepted the flute from her. Holding onto two glasses now. These girls were unbelievable.

"So tonight, you're walking into the pack house with the Alpha, hand in hand! Though everyone knows already, you're making it official to the pack and the neighbouring ones. GAH! I'm so excited!" Amaya howled, whilst the other two joined in.
I gestured them to be quiet.

Tania narrowed her eyes at me, gently moving my dress' neckline. "He needs to mark you as soon as possible Mia."
"Oh yes, all these feelings just get so much better after the marking." Lily hummed dreamily.
"Yeah, planning on doing that after we move in together."
"When?" The three chorused.
"Soon!" I smiled.

Bidding goodbye to the girls, my phone buzzed and it was Penny. Her voice held excitement and so much love. She cried, laughed, and screamed all throughout the conversation. Finally asking me what I wanted to eat at the pack house tonight. I had nothing specific in mind, plus whatever Penny cooks tasted divine. So I asked her to surprise me.

Finally my day at the hospital was over and Lincoln was parked outside, waiting for me. With my handbag on my shoulder, three gift bags and helium balloons in my hand, I hugged the flower bouquet, lastly grabbing the bottle of champagne while walking out. Lincoln stepped out of the car with a curious gaze, while Luke opened the door to place all of it into the backseat.

"What's this on your head?" Lincoln picked a confetti, inspecting it.
"Long story." I huffed, giving Luke the final bag. "Thanks Luke."