16. Kai and Heera

Third Person POV

It was the first time Amelia was going to see Kai, the one wolf who has been known and feared all around the werewolf packs. His presence alone, would chase away any wickedness that lurks. His fur, pitch black as the night sky, eyes as sharp as blades. Whenever he took his wolf form, he was ready to kill, but tonight he was in pain of being tortured by the word rejection, he fought Lincoln's control and pranced out.

Kai dug his paws into the soil and let out a painful howl when he watched his mate, fall on the ground as she began to transform. She was letting her wolf out in defence. He didn't have a choice, because he knew she made up her mind to break the mate bond. He didn't want that to happen. Wolves were possessive in general, when it came to their mates they become extremely over protective. An alpha wolf wouldn't be an exception now, would it?

He was on the verge of snatching the girl from here, even if she was in human form and take her away from the rest of the world where there would be no one else but just them. Together and alone. He wanted her and only her, nothing comes close to it. He'd leave everything for her, his power, pack, family.

She stood on her fours, with the most scintillating greyish silver coat that shone under the moonlight. Heera was a small, slender wolf compared to Kai. He was enormous, ferocious and powerful.

He stood there watching his beautiful mate as if being caught in a spell. Heera shook herself before taking off into the woods. Kai hopelessly ran after her. Through the woods she moved swiftly gliding through the trees and avoiding the pretty flowers. While he trampled and destroyed everything that was in his way. Heera had realized human or wolf, he was a beast. She huffed every now and then, displaying her dislike. He grunted in response.

Kai jogged behind her tail, her movements made her tail accidentally touch his face. Heera turned around and tried to claw him, because he kept a close space. Her anger towards her mate was very evident. She crouched ready to attack, but he sat on his paws, wagging his tail. Like an excited dog.

Heera didn't know what she had to do, slowing her pace, she stopped by a small stream and quaffed the fresh water

Kai raised his snout underneath her ear, she sprung up in caution, the fur on her spine standing up.

She bared her teeth, hoping to scare him off but to no avail. The black beast stood there unfazed. He playfully growled before pushing her down with his gigantic paws. Heera raised her paw and was about to claw his face, which he dodged pretty quickly. In a swift move, she rose up when he least expected it and took a few steps away from him. Kai on the other hand, had his perks of riling her up. He loved this feisty side of his mate. As Heera glared and growled at his actions, he simply followed her where ever she went. He had a feeling she liked the attention he was giving her but still denied it.