Neighbour Boy (Sehun)

Dedicated to XxAverageAnonxX~

Something small and hard smacks you on the back of the head as you hang a shirt up on the washing line. You ignore it. It's probably a ripe berry or something falling from the tall tree that stands in your backyard with its long branches playing shadows onto the grass.

Another few minutes pass before another something hits the same place as before with stunning precision.

And you almost anticipate the flying object the next time it strikes.

You spin around and glare balefully in the direction the bullets of sorts came from. The perpetrator seems to be a person; it's unlikely that the tree has such good aim or luck to be able to land three stinging- a tree nut catches the tip of your nose as it whizzes past- scratch that, four projectiles on you with such impressive accuracy.

Now you wonder who is being such an asshole and targeting the poor, innocent you with tree nut bullets. And why? What have you ever done to them?

'WHO THE HECK IS THROWING TREE NUTS FROM MY TREE AT ME? WHAT THE HECK HAVE I EVER EVEN DONE TO YOU? HUH?! WHAT THE HECK I DONE TO EARN SUCH PUNISHMENT WHILE I AM JUST FAULTLESSLY HANGING UP LAUNDRY!'

There is a mellifluous laugh in reply and an especially conspicuous (not to mention suspicious) rustle high up in the leaves, followed by a cuss and a groan. Your eyes dart up to the source of the noise.

'Who are you? And what are you doing in my tree?' you demand loudly.

Silence answers. Well, as much silence as there can be with birds chirping and the leaves moving against each other.

You scowl at the spot where the idiot-who-threw-nuts-at-you must be. 'ANSWER ME! WHY DON'T YOU-'

A mop of rainbow hair appears suddenly from the mass of green. The person belonging to that hair fidgets before stilling, obviously thinking that they're still covered. But they're not.

'Oi rainbow mop up there! It's been you all long, hasn't it!' you screech so shrilly that a bird falls off its branch somewhere on your right. 

Rainbow apparently thinks that he can just make off as a bunch of multicoloured leaves for a bit longer. Perhaps he can just convince you to think that you're just hallucinating. It may have worked. That is, if something black didn't slip out and land at your feet.

You hear a muttered 'Crap!'

That black something happens to be a pair of glasses that strangely has remained unscathed despite its fall from quite a height. 'Hey Rainbow, if you want your glasses back, please stop hiding.' 

Rainbow finally gives up hiding and moves the leaves away so that you can see his face. 'Hi,' he shouts sheepishly.

You almost drop his glasses, much to his frantic chagrin. He's so handsome. Like wondrously handsome. Though his face is kinda blurry. Maybe it's just your eyesight. You slip his glasses on and peer at him curiously. Nope, the light reflects badly and you can't see a thing. You can probably try to lure him down by holding his glasses hostage so you can have a better look at him. 'Come down! And get off my tree!'

'You're horribly possessive about your tree, aren't you? A little bit too possessive, perhaps?'

'Shut up!' you snap. 'Just get off. Now. I have your glasses as hostage.' Okay, that sounded so super goddamn weird. 

'Demanding, I see,' Rainbow says, slipping off the tree easily and into your backyard. 'But I like girls like that, you know.' 

'Woohoo, go maknae!'