Warmth (Chen)

Dedicated to wendikah who wanted to see more Chen imagines~

She shivers in the downpour, rain streaming into her hair and soaking her clothes. It's about a block away the apartment she shares with her boyfriend. 

-

You sneeze pathetically, and swipe your dripping fringe out of your face. Rain continues to sluice down indifferently, chilling you to the bone. 

If only you had waited at the shops for a bit longer. But you decided to run off impatiently, thinking the rain would probably hold off until you got home. You wish it had. In reality, it had started raining as soon as you were metres away. 

It's so freaking cold. 

And now there's a stupid gust of wind sweeping the wet, emptied streets, and almost making you cry as it whips at your reddened cheeks.

You wish, oh you wish so dearly, that someone will save you.

'Need help, m'lady?' a voice inquires as two warm arms hug you from behind.

Oh gods.

You swing your plastic bag of food (who cares about it getting squished when you're dealing with possibly a STALKER, PEDOPHILE, CRIMINAL, or some equally heinous character) at the person, dealing a rather hard smack to HIS arm. The voice was decidedly male anyway. 

You really did mean it to hit his arm... Like totally- because... maybe... other parts are... not... as vulnerable and it's the... best... way to... defend... yourself.

Absolutely. You give yourself a self-assuring nod. 

'Ow.' The guy doesn't even sound like he's remotely in pain.

You slap his head. 'Oi. Can't you at least PRETEND that you're injured in some way?'

Oh wait. You have forgotten you're talking to possibly a stalker, pedophile, criminal or some equally heinous character. Why would he pretend?

But... that face doesn't look like it belongs to a criminal. It looks far too handsome. And kind. And hot. And cute. And amazingly attractive.

And strangely familiar.

Oh.

The coin drops. 'I'M SO SORRY!!! I MEAN LIKE SERIOUSLY, I'M SO SORRY CHEN!!! IF I WAS IN MY RIGHT MIND- I MEAN IF I WASN'T DYING IN THE RAIN- I MEAN... IF I HAD RECOGNISED YOU I WOULDN'T HAVE HIT YOU-'

'I thought as much,' Chen cut in smoothly, taking out something you have never been more grateful to see. An umbrella. 

But you're already drenched. Oh who cares. The fact that your boyfriend had thought to come and bring you one makes you feel a bit drier. Or not.

'Let's go back to our apartment. And let's hope you didn't destroy all the food when you made that completely deadly hit to my arm.' Chen takes off his jacket and drapes it over your shoulders. It's so warm. And awesome. 'Aww, aren't you chivalrous. Thank you.'

Chen blinks and then grins blindingly. 'I was just hot. But you're welcome.'

He puts his hands on your shoulders and steers you towards the apartment, kindly letting you go in before he does. The warm blast of air that hits you as soon as you step in is heavenly. 

Chen nudges you and points to the bathroom. 'Go take a nice, hot shower, jagi. That'll make you feel better.'

You smile and peck his cheek. 'Thanks. I'll be back soon.'

True to his word, a shower does make you feel a hell of a lot better. You no longer feel like you are freezing to oblivion. You come out into the kitchen, shaking water droplets (that is not rain or ungodly cold) out of your hair (please do NOT picture wet dogs getting water off their coats... think more dramatic, pretty, shaking hair out like a model type).

'Hi Chen.'

He turns to look at you and nods approvingly. 'You look a bit more alive now. Here.'

Chen presses a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows melting in it. 'Aww, thanks Chennie.'

'Let's go sit.'

You find the living room couch and sink into it, Chen following and looping an arm around your waist. He pulls you towards him so that you lay comfortably in his embrace. You sip your hot chocolate contentedly for a few blissful moments. 

Now that you're sitting on the sofa with Chen's arms around you, fluffy slippers on your feet and a steaming hot chocolate at hand, you can't really complain that you're cold anymore. 

The End. Ugh I wish that happened today after I got completely drenched from head to toe from getting caught unexpectedly in the pouring rain. It was disgusting. Eww. But I managed to fix up some coffee and dry clothes. I dislike rain very much. Anyway, vote and comment, I guess. Thanks everyone! ~ChocOhorat :)