Season (Chanyeol)

Dedicated to MissParkAeSol~

He smiled ruefully as he leaned back into his chair and stared at the beautiful photo sitting on his desk as snow fell in blankets of white outside. It was his favourite photo, just him and Alice sitting together under a shady tree with Autumn's swirling winds sweeping golden leaves like confetti into the air on a warm, wonderful afternoon in the park across from his house. That was their paradise.

Was.

Alice loved him dearly, and he loved her back, just as dearly. 

But then things changed. He became jealous when she hung around her friends, afraid that she was going to pay him less attention because of them. He became less cheery, less of the bright, optimistic guy Alice had fallen in love with before. And so Alice tried to spend more time with him to bring back the old him, but then he started rejecting it, refusing to let things amend. Until she couldn't handle it anymore.

She left, gone with the chilly winds of Winter that had been ushered in by the end of Autumn. And Chanyeol's heart felt so cold, numbed with the pain of her departure and the freezing draughts that blew. He was left to nurture a disappointed and guilty heart. Only now- no moments after she was gone- did he realise what an idiot he was to send her away. But he could not get her back now, like he could not ask Autumn to return after Winter arrived because he did not know where she was. He never saw her anymore. She had disappeared from his life, like a fluttering golden leaf from Autumn. 

Eventually, he watched Winter's snow begin to dissipate, into the reviving liveliness of Spring. The trees began to blossom again, and the birds chirped, and the bitter gales turned warm again. Chanyeol smiled, despite his sadness. It reminded him of Alice, her glowing, radiant presence and her sweet, sweet smiles. 

From the window, Chanyeol looked out upon the park they used to spend time in, with its grand trees and bushes of vibrant flowers beginning to burst forth with colour. And he saw something he did not quite dare to hope for, for he feared that he was just dreaming and his wishes would be dashed. 

There, sitting under the same tree in the park, was Alice, wearing a crown of blooming flowers. He had not seen her there for months. And now there she sat. 

Jealousy and uncertainty snaked its way into him, and his expression hardened. Why was she here? Had she chosen to take her new boyfriend here? Was she waiting for him now?

There was a jingle of the doorbell and Chanyeol answered it. "How can I help you?"

"A package and note delivery for Mr Park Chanyeol."

"That's me."

The delivery man handed the neatly-wrapped box to him with a note taped to it. 

Chanyeol thanked him and once he had returned to his room, he read the note.

I came in the Summer,

Became we in the Autumn,

Then I left in the Winter,

And what of the Spring?

I miss you, Park Chanyeol. Meet me at the park at 2pm.

Yours, Alice.

Chanyeol felt happier than he had in ages. She missed him. She was waiting for him.

He tore the wrapping off the box apart and laughed when he saw the contents. It was a shirt with Made in Autumn written across it. He changed into it and pulled his jacket back on, heading downstairs. Chanyeol ran out of the house and across the grass to Alice, catching her in a tight embrace. "Alice."

"Chanyeol," she murmured into his shoulder, wrapping her arms around him. "I missed you."

"I'm sorry, Alice."

"I know you are. So am I. That's why I came back."

"With Spring."

"Yes. So you and I would become us again in the season where all things flourish again."

He loved her, for her glowing, radiant presence and her sweet, sweet smiles, and now he realised how endearing he thought her penchant for poetry was. He loved her, he never stopped but he did stop showing it, and he would never do it again. So he kissed her. 

"I love you, Alice."

"I love you too."

Everything was ruined in Winter but made right again in Spring.

Haven't updated in a bit but will try to update as regularly as possible. Vote and comment, please~ Anyway, stay tuned for the next imagine!