Dreamer (Kai)

First of the last three imagines to go, most likely =)

Kai twists in his chair as Chen pokes him sharply in the ribs. He makes his best attempt to glare, his eyes clouded with sleep and the glitter of a dreamer. "Go away hyung," he mumbles, making a little sigh as he burrows his head deeper into his jacket. It smells like reveries and trances.

"How are you tonight, 'Minnie," a clear voice asks, and Kai peeks out interestedly. Irene.

Xiumin winks, lips puckering. Kai windmills his arm at his hyung. "Yo, stick to the ones in your zone, okay?"

The cheeky ass look on Xiumin's face indicates that he shall do the exact opposite. "Do my make-up today, Irene, won't you?"

She gives him a liberal smile. "I might just deny that tempting offer and do Kai's instead. Maybe next time."

Kai smirks, and the last wisp of cotton-candy sleep fades away.

Chen wiggles his eyebrows, a perfect routine of dorkiness all in a few twitches. "Hey be careful you two before Kyungsoo gets jealous, okay?"

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. "Too much fanfiction's done something to your brain, Jongdae. It'd be a pity if your brain was actually worth something in the first place," he drawls.

Irene giggles. Same old, same old.

The make-up artist pinches Kyungsoo's cheek. Somehow, she's the only one who can ever get away with something from him. Though maybe it's just the threat of going out looking like an electrocuted chicken that Kyungsoo can't face. Probably that. "You're going to make me ruin your eyeshadow, dude."

Chanyeol agrees. "Yeah, what's so appealing about fanfiction? The last time I read one I had nightmares for 3 days straight."

Chen raises his eyebrows. "What the hell did you read?"

Chanyeol shrugs, but his cheeks flame like no other.

Chen grins as if he's discovered the best thing on earth. "Doesn't sound like it gave you nightmares. Other dreams maybe, if you get what I mean. And by the way, I didn't necessarily mean that Kyungsoo liked Kai. Just maybe, he has something for Irene."

Kai's mouth drops open in horror.

Irene bursts out into peals of laughter.

Kyungsoo snorts. "As if."

"Get to work, guys."

Irene pouts. "No fun."

But it's actually a lot of fun to mess around on Kai's face. It's like a tan canvas to be crafted into a masterpiece of her choice. Not that it isn't a complete piece of art to begin with, it just needs a touch of love and colour.

She likes to admire his face, and Kai likes that too. It reminds her of his dancing, sharp and awing yet soft, swooping and elegant. He looks so much like he's in another world, soaring and moving like no human could.

After a few minutes, she stands back to check her handiwork and it's pretty impressive.

He looks like some god, some dream.

"You're amazing, Irene," he says proudly, gazing at his own reflection. She seems to have arranged his face into the universe. His eyes glint like the stars in the velvet nights of eyeshadow, and with each turn to the side, he sees the contours of his cheeks in rich, smooth colours.

"I know."

He grins broadly and he looks even more alive, like the sparkles that dance like faeries across his lashes and nose. "Thank you, Irene."

She makes a two-fingered salute again. "No problem."

Kai pulls her into his embrace, and he still smells like reveries and trances. His heart thumps under her hand in content rhythm. "I love you, you know; you're my reason to dance, to flaunt that beauty you've made me and the happiness you've brought me. Thank you angel."

She kisses his neck and murmurs, "You're welcome. Now go on, I'll be watching."

~

He goes onto the stage, illuminated in a flood of silver lights and he's beautiful, twirling and kicking up shrouds of mist and white smoke. His hair shimmers and his clothes billow as if they are the clouds themselves, sailing in a waterless sea.

True to her word, she watches. He looks like he's finally in his dreamworld, flying and dancing and moving so familiarly.

But little does she know, she's been his dreamer all this time. He may be the dancer, but she is his dance. He may smile so brightly, but she is his smile. He may soar, but she is his wings.

The End. It's been a long time hasn't it =) I've been much too inactive for my liking >_< Oh well. Kudos to my readers who have stuckwith me, Venus and hotcutelove especially. Love you guys <3 ~Kieva